News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM livery

Started by RW, March 12, 2015, 05:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

It is not clear what NXWM's policy is with regard to the repaint of existing vehicles in their fleet following the introduction of its new 'standard' livery on the recently delivered E400 MMC's. This could lead to a situation where they have 2 'standard' liveries on the road for years to come. Is that a positive way forward for the company?

winston

I say keep the new liveries for new generation Euro 6 buses & continue to repaint & refresh the existing fleet in the current red/white livery

Gareth

I personally don't see it as a problem. The change from West Midlands Buses to Travel West Midlands had two liveries running. A variation of WMT livery lasted until 2010. The introduction of NXWM livery in 2008 took around 7 years to be fully implemented. So even if they started repainting the fleet tomorrow there would still be two liveries in operation for years to come.

Tony

Similarly Metrobuses were repainted in one livery, whilst everything else was painted in another for a few years, didn't hear anyone moaning about that!

lynx1103

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 05:29:23 PM
Similarly Metrobuses were repainted in one livery, whilst everything else was painted in another for a few years, didn't hear anyone moaning about that!

Leyland Lynxs and Volvo B10Bs was painted in similar TWM livery for Metrobuses.

From 2002 onwards Leyland Lynx's/Volvo B10B was repainted into Low Floor livery

Stuharris 6360

From article on NE website concerning new buses for the 9>:-

"They will be painted in our new company colours"

New company colours that a lot of routes will never see!!!

Surely if you have new company colours, all your buses need to be repainted in it, however i totally agree with @Matt, total waste of money to repaint all buses in this new livery. My opinion, the old livery wan't broken, so why fix it!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 06:35:51 PM
From article on NE website concerning new buses for the 9>:-

"They will be painted in our new company colours"

New company colours that a lot of routes will never see!!!

Surely if you have new company colours, all your buses need to be repainted in it, however i totally agree with @Matt, total waste of money to repaint all buses in this new livery. My opinion, the old livery wan't broken, so why fix it!!!

Fair do. In the end, it got there. No more fading red liveries, I hope. I mean, I would've hope for the recent (Euro 5) E400s to be repainted in a fresh livery, though, I think it's what either Winston, or LS said about repainting buses that'll be 'dotted' all over the network, causing another half decade and a bit for the entire fleet of it's size to be repainted. Don't for get de-branding, and withdrawal of some buses soon...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

I expect older vehicles will eventually end up in the 'new' livery, but I wouldn't expect this to start happening for another couple of years.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

I accidentally clicked yes. It's a total waste of time, NXWM have buses to order and cannot spend another huge amount of money trying to repaint a huge fleet.

Sh4318

No. I didn't like it when they were announced, I don like it now, it's pretty pointless for me to follow current repaints when there's a new standard livery
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

This should be pretty easy to work out.
If NX has a repaint cycle for each vehicle then any vehicle not due to be repainted before being withdrawn doesn't get done.
Does anyone know if there's a NX company policy for vehicles having repaints and what is the timeframe?

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on March 12, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
If NX has a repaint cycle for each vehicle then any vehicle not due to be repainted before being withdrawn doesn't get done.
Does anyone know if there a NX company policy for vehicles having repaints?

I do!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 07:22:37 PM

I do!

@Tony, will you share it with us or can't you due to confidentiallity?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 07:38:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 07:22:37 PM

I do!

@Tony, will you share it with us or can't you due to confidentiallity?

I just said I know there is an NX company policy for vehicles having repaints. I didn't say I knew what it was!

Stevo

It's surprising how polarised our views are on this. I think simply that the new livery is so much more attractive than the old one with all that bleak white that it's a shame it will take so long to be common.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk