News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes from 26th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2015, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Got to admit the new NXWM services 54 and 154 have really surprised me! I will look forward to have a ride on them...if they are not E200s! ;)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 12, 2015, 06:05:22 PM
Got to admit the new NXWM services 54 and 154 have really surprised me! I will look forward to have a ride on them...if they are not E200s! ;)

Wonder what fares will be used, surely not £2.20 all the way to Stafford?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

NXWM Spectra

I expect the three new E200s along with some of the older ones will be used on there. Therefore, I will be avoiding the routes.

Bob

@Cheese to be fair, when nx ran the cannock to walsall routes there were hardly ever any issues,  and this was largely with old metrobuses. Arriva are much less reliable! 

Also lets hope these services actually launch,  cos theres still time for arriva to have another nervous breakdown. ...

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on March 12, 2015, 06:22:39 PM
@Cheese to be fair, when nx ran the cannock to walsall routes there were hardly ever any issues,  and this was largely with old metrobuses. Arriva are much less reliable! 

Also lets hope these services actually launch,  cos theres still time for arriva to have another nervous breakdown. ...

These services will happen. i54 are paying for them and NX will run them. I produced various draft service options for the i54 project group way back last year and hadn't heard anything until recently as to when and what would be started.  In the meantime Arriva can do whatever they want, the 70 will compete with the 154, the 76 will compete with the 54. As mentioned above, I can't see what Arriva have registered for the 76 in April actually happening, expect a variation.

Gareth

As a user of the 14, I'm wondering what are the benefits of extending the service to Bluebell Drive?
Are there other less frequent services that currently go there, thus improving links for local people to and from the shopping centre and/or Birmingham?

Bob

Quote from: Cheese on March 12, 2015, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: Bob on March 12, 2015, 06:22:39 PM

These services will happen. i54 are paying for them and NX will run them. I produced various draft service options for the i54 project group way back last year and hadn't heard anything until recently as to when and what would be started.  In the meantime Arriva can do whatever they want, the 70 will compete with the 154, the 76 will compete with the 54. As mentioned above, I can't see what Arriva have registered for the 76 in April actually happening, expect a variation.

I really hope NX do well and publicise the services.  Its about time Arriva had some competition.  The state of some of the ( ex route 1 mainly) buses used on the 70/76 lately has been rubbish

Bob

Im pretty sure with the 54 itll mean that its the first time a West Midlands bus has run on a normal service to stafford since 1973?

woody38

so is the 54 being withdrawn from Bilbrook & Codsall

Westy

Interesting that Wolves depot will operate deep into Staffs, but Walsall depot wont?

Will Daysavers be valid throughout?

(I assume my Black Country Faresaver wont cover either route, but the Regional Travelcard will?)

Cheese

Quote from: woody38 on March 12, 2015, 07:27:03 PM

Yes, the 3 or 4 is replacing it around there.

Alex

Quote from: Cheese on March 12, 2015, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: woody38 on March 12, 2015, 07:27:03 PM

Yes, the 3 or 4 is replacing it around there.

Yes, WN4 is replacing the 54 in that area, every other 4 will extend to Bilbrook and Codsall
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

domino.99

woody38

Westy

Wonder how the services will last for, if I54 is subsidising?

IKEA subsidised a WMT route between Walsall & Wednesbury which only lasted a year.

How do you get to IKEA thesedays?

With difficulty!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk