News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Unrealistic timetables.

Started by Other Walsall Tony, January 18, 2015, 10:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on January 19, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
How many timetables got additional running time to reflect the current vogue of introducing 20mph speed restrictions in residential areas?

Not the Pershore Road that's for sure. Even now with the alleged Cotteridge traffic calming and reduction of speed limit I bet the timetable wouldn't change.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

Quote from: trident4370 on January 18, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
The Diamond S3, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's unrealistic but the slightest traffic problem anywhere and general lack of layover can potentially cause problems.

The Wythall - Solihull section, had more that enough time when operated as the S7, the Solihull - Hockley Heath was/is tigher, with only 5 mins extra added when the 2 routes merged.

The 957 Sunday timetable is quite tight, it isnt too bad of a night though. I rarely see a 957 on time these days (Sundays) the first time in a while was New Years day!
The 900 if sometimes late on a Sunday, also. I sometimes think it could do with a slightly higher frequency although i suppose it would be difficult to do this

Stu

When the S3 was first introduced, by NXWM, the timetable was pretty unrealistic; it was given the same time to get from Acocks Green to Solihull as the (then) previous 30 service, despite having the extra bit (along Solihull Road, Lawnswood Avenue and Longmore Road, then onto Blossomfield Road) added on, and despite the previous 30 struggling to keep to time at peaks because of the traffic.

Not strictly timetable related, but also I remember standing at a stop on Sandon Road in Bearwood, and looking at the printed timetable for the 11C it claimed on the approx journey time diagram that Selly Oak was reached in just 5 minutes!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

@Stu the 11 is doable in 5 minutes between those points with a F1 car...on a Sunday...at 0300hrs...with Button driving...with green lights all the way!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on January 19, 2015, 06:41:50 PM
When the S3 was first introduced, by NXWM, the timetable was pretty unrealistic; it was given the same time to get from Acocks Green to Solihull as the (then) previous 30 service, despite having the extra bit (along Solihull Road, Lawnswood Avenue and Longmore Road, then onto Blossomfield Road) added on, and despite the previous 30 struggling to keep to time at peaks because of the traffic.

Not strictly timetable related, but also I remember standing at a stop on Sandon Road in Bearwood, and looking at the printed timetable for the 11C it claimed on the approx journey time diagram that Selly Oak was reached in just 5 minutes!

Takes 5 minutes to get through the traffic at Bearwood

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on January 19, 2015, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 19, 2015, 10:36:20 AM
Quote from: JoNi on January 19, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
How many timetables got additional running time to reflect the current vogue of introducing 20mph speed restrictions in residential areas?

Not the Pershore Road that's for sure. Even now with the alleged Cotteridge traffic calming and reduction of speed limit I bet the timetable wouldn't change.

Apparently when the 205 was re-routed round Pensnett trading estate it was not given any extra time, don't know if that is accurate though.

I can believe it. They'll do anything to avoid spending money on another bus..

Quote from: Russ Smith on January 19, 2015, 02:58:36 PM
I noticed that the 98 wasn't given any extra time to get down to Cofton island and back up, I imagine it's usually a couple of minutes late along Leach Green Lane nowadays (towards Great Park)

I'm surprised the 98 is on time at all, ever at night. 41minutes end to end? The 63 gets more time between Northfield and Longbridge then the 98 does between Northfield and Rednal!!!

They seriously need to sort that out. On a plus note, if you ever want to see either a E200 or RLE super thrashed, just jump on any 98 of a night! Same for the x64 actually.

There is literally zero time to play with on those routes. I've studied the timetable and it leaves ALOT to be desired. 5minute drop back after 41 mins running time?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm glad I don't bus drive anymore, just trying to stick to their times seems an impossible feat.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

8A/C Inner Circle
That fact that it even has a timetable is optimistic enough. They seriously need to do something about it man every time I have cause to catch it I find myself waiting over half an hour in Nechells.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Steveminor

How does the 002 get on for times it looks like they only have a 1 min drop back in merry hill that looks unreasonable

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk