News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unrealistic timetables.

Started by Other Walsall Tony, January 18, 2015, 10:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other Walsall Tony

Can anyone think of timetables that are so optimistic they are nearly impossible for a driver to keep to?
The 125 seems to assume no congestion in Kiddie, hence 10-15 minutes late in Bewdley and a mad dash to Bridgnorth. Exciting if not very comfortable!  Other route seem to be Hinkley Buses X44 from Rugby to Leicester and Bennets 491 from Stafford to Stone via Eccleshall.
Any more suggestions?
Tony

Trident 4194

PM

Trident 4194

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 18, 2015, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2015, 10:55:08 AM
The 202 and 142

No they're not...

The 202 has an hour to get there, then only 52 mins on return. And the 142 can get stuck in traffic at any point, having a knock on effect for rest of the day

Lack of layover !

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2015, 11:41:01 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 18, 2015, 11:37:12 AM
The 202 and 142

No they're not...

The 202 has an hour to get there, then only 52 mins on return. And the 142 can get stuck in traffic at any point, having a knock on effect for rest of the day

Lack of layover !

Whenever I've caught those routes they've always been within compliance... Traffic can impact on any route  and you'd hope drivers are able to get back on time or at the worst drop one trip.

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on January 18, 2015, 12:40:32 PM
Evening 59's (WN) expected to do full loop in 45 minutes (1 hr in the day). Buses are only given 10 mins to get to New Cross from Wolverhampton. Very difficult to do this with the city centre loop.

Doesn't look that difficult! The get 11 from New Cross to the Bus Station end every bus last night did it in less, some as little as 7 minutes

the trainbasher

226 often ends up late in the peaks due to RHH, Wordsley Cat and Kingswinford Cross MH bound, on the return it also gets stuck coming out of merry hill. 1 hour on some trips isn't enough...especially after 2pm or before 10am.

Igo is the only ones who can make it in the time given.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

@Tony has told me in the past about the following routes but I still contest it.

I can pretty much guarantee any evening buses will not be on time of the drivers stuck strictly to company standards.

1) 98 of a night. (41min, 5min layover, 41min back, 3min layover)
2) X64 of a night (very tight and dangerous driving I've experienced. Some drivers even hit the limiter down Weoley Park Road!!!!!)
3) Pershore Road of a night outbound (and daytime all the time cause of traffic)
4) 99 of a Saturday

Basically recently noticed that they've shaved time off all services to save buses, regardless if the service is on time or not. Bloody money saving. And then the drivers will fail the DQM's because they try and stick to running time..
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

The 202 and 142

The 142 suffers from a very tight timetable, afternoons especially can see a lot of late running.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

trident4370

The Diamond S3, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's unrealistic but the slightest traffic problem anywhere and general lack of layover can potentially cause problems.

Liberator9

The S3 seems to have no time apart from a weird short layover in Solihull - madness. Only a minute in Dickens Heath and Wythall.
The S2 is also painful - only 1 minute layover in Dorridge and then 1 minute in Cheswick Green on the S4.

trident4370

Yeah I forgot to add the S2 aswell  ::)

Sh4318

Unrealistic is expecting all Broad Street services to keep to timetable on Friday and Saturday nights (when Broad Street is closed for buses)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

To be fair with every company if we're all honest if the drivers drove to 'company standards' then every single route will be late.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

How many timetables got additional running time to reflect the current vogue of introducing 20mph speed restrictions in residential areas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk