News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Review 2015

Started by Chris2301, January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudnick

Quote from: sonic84 on January 15, 2015, 10:06:14 PM
Two buses per hour on the 18 extended from Bartley Green to Merry Hill via Halesowen, covering the 141/241.

Extending the 18 to Halesowen was an idea which seemed to be doing the rounds during last years South Birmingham Bus Review not sure whether it was the network planners or the drivers who suggested it, while Merry Hill would be useful can't see a complete Yardley Wood - Merry Hill service being operated reliably, its bad enough just with Northfield on the route.

RR378

Quote from: Chris2301 on January 15, 2015, 09:22:18 PM
So i see people aren't guna know changes until the 25th January

Waiting patiently...

domino.99

Trident 4194

So we may see some changes introduced today? As the 25th is today

Stu

Todays changes have already been discussed here elsewhere, but here is the information again:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/FatherlessBarnchanges.aspx
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Chris2301

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 25, 2015, 10:58:54 AM
So we may see some changes introduced today? As the 25th is today

It was mention on a press release last year when the 289 got reinstated to merry hill. A review in dudleys service will happe  n in 2015

Kevin

I'm sorry but have it missed something here? Has it even been announced that there is for definite going to be a review of the bus network in and around Dudley? Or is this thread entirely just speculation and what people want to happen?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on January 25, 2015, 11:05:14 AM
I'm sorry but have it missed something here? Has it even been announced that there is for definite going to be a review of the bus network in and around Dudley? Or is this thread entirely just speculation and what people want to happen?

It's been mentioned in a couple of news articles relating to changes to the 297 and 289 services recently, that a major review of services in Dudley will take place in 2015. But as of yet, nothing has been announced, and no consultation has yet started. So will probably happen later in the year, probably late summer at a guess.
My locals:

BN

About the 12, 13, and 14 service?

D10

Quote from: BN on January 25, 2015, 11:33:42 AM

About the 12, 13, and 14 service?

Nope, the 12/13/14 have been introduced seperately, but there will be a review of the whole Dudley bus network later this year

Stu

I asked Network West Midlands about this on their Facebook page and this is their reply:

QuoteThere is a review of the Dudley network scheduled to start early summer which will be completed in the autumn. The format has not been finalised yet but we will keep you posted as soon as there is any news.

;)
My locals:

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on January 27, 2015, 09:06:28 PM
I asked Network West Midlands about this on their Facebook page and this is their reply:

QuoteThere is a review of the Dudley network scheduled to start early summer which will be completed in the autumn. The format has not been finalised yet but we will keep you posted as soon as there is any news.

;)

I do hope that the review is better than the last Birmingham review where they just published a list of suggestions and asked people on there thoughts to these suggestions.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

bususer12

As @Roy has mentioned that  there will definitely be a review this year, let's discuss the potential changes here as they happen.

I'm just hoping that the 140 stays as it is, nice quick route into birmingham.

@bususer12  Or shall was just use the existing thread.....

Dutsey

Is the 140 the quickest way to Brum from Dudley? Is the 74/87 not quicker?

Sh4318

Quote from: Dutsey on March 25, 2015, 11:28:57 AM
Is the 140 the quickest way to Brum from Dudley? Is the 74/87 not quicker?

The 140 & 87 both take 51 minutes. The 74 takes over an hour.

Quote from: bususer12 on March 25, 2015, 09:17:39 AM
As @Roy has mentioned that  there will definitely be a review this year, let's discuss the potential changes here as they happen.

I'm just hoping that the 140 stays as it is, nice quick route into birmingham.

I don't think the 140 will ever change, route wise
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk