News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Snow

Started by Matt, January 13, 2015, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

It's going to be fun on the roads in the morning if the snow carries on like this all night. I've already seen from my window an Enviro400 going down the main dual carriageway extremely cautiously so even the main roads are going to be affected.

I also noticed this photo on Facebook from a driver

the trainbasher

I think I will leave hone at 0630 tomorrow to get to work for 0900...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Just (about) come back from Birmingham on a late 126, Dudley is absolutely horrendous as usual, no sign of a gritter, 1 and 126 both effected this evening, a good 2 inches settled across the roads and pavements

Ashley

Alot of which has already been washed away but no gritters for when I all freezes

Liverpool Street

Oh, don't mind me... Just commuting to the shops in my Range Rover...

U 'jelly'? (Sorry about this young persons talk... Although the word jelly for jealous has been around since I was a nipper)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 14, 2015, 09:04:24 AM
Oh, don't mind me... Just commuting to the shops in my Range Rover...

U 'jelly'? (Sorry about this young persons talk... Although the word jelly for jealous has been around since I was a nipper)

Nw, LS, it still exists. Trollers do spk lyk that. U get me bruh? Trololol.

Tony

Every service that goes anywhere near the borough of Dudley seems to be in absolute chaos at the moment, I suspect Thandi were caught in the same farce

the trainbasher

Ring Road Stourbridge, Birmingham Street and Amblecote High Street had queues of up to 20 minutes Earlier

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Niall

Quote from: Matt on January 14, 2015, 05:22:18 PM
Apparently, Manor Lane & Spies Lane were at a standstill this morning, which explains why the HC1 (which uses the expressway) was nearly on time, but the HC2 was 15 minutes late, the HC3 25 mins late and the HC4 (which goes down Mucklow Hill) was 30 mins late

Spies Lane was running normally at eight this morning. I saw one of the Thandi buses while I was stood at the bus stop some time between 7:50-8:00. I don't know about Manor Lane as I can't see that far down the road, but the Hagley Road from Quinton to Birmingham was extremely slow. It took me half an hour to get to Bearwood, then at least 45 minutes from there to Edgbaston, but then about 10 minutes to Snow Hill.

EDIT:
I've been told Manor Way onto the motorway was closed
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Tara4352

Quote from: Matt on January 20, 2015, 11:02:22 PM
I was expecting plenty of chaos and disruption tomorrow following the forecast of up to 6 inches of snow across the region overnight, unfortunately Met Office have shown their true colours and changed their mind at the last minute, we are now to expect nothing more than rain!
Oh dear maybe we need to now change the title to floods let's hope the rain doesn't get that bad

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on January 20, 2015, 11:02:22 PM
I was expecting plenty of chaos and disruption tomorrow following the forecast of up to 6 inches of snow across the region overnight, unfortunately Met Office have shown their true colours and changed their mind at the last minute, we are now to expect nothing more than rain!

I was kind of hoping for massive snow tonight so that my boss would phone in the morning and say "No need to come to work today Tom".

Although when there's parking tickets issued, it keeps me busy with the paperwork!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk