News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Bus Driver strike

Started by Trident 4609, January 13, 2015, 09:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

http://traintimes.org.uk/map/london-buses/

This website by Matthew Somerville uses live data to show position of all buses on a route. Select routes by using drop down list.
When route is displayed each bus is shown as a moving red dot. You can find its identity by pointing at it.

Stuharris 6360

Services are very seriously disrupted with many routes seeing no buses.

Strangely they are trying to run buses on a number of routes, but what the point is i struggle to see. Currently the 38 (which has a PVR of 59) has 5 buses running mainly between Hyde Park Corner & Mildmay Park. Surely if they cannot run a good service, then no service should run. People may travel thinking that they will be able to get back home, only to find after shift change this afternoon that no drivers have turned up for work and so no service?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on January 13, 2015, 02:36:04 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 13, 2015, 01:17:04 PM
Services are very seriously disrupted with many routes seeing no buses.

Strangely they are trying to run buses on a number of routes, but what the point is i struggle to see. Currently the 38 (which has a PVR of 59) has 5 buses running mainly between Hyde Park Corner & Mildmay Park. Surely if they cannot run a good service, then no service should run. People may travel thinking that they will be able to get back home, only to find after shift change this afternoon that no drivers have turned up for work and so no service?

4 buses now, according to the tracker linked to in JoNi's post above

Yes, 2 are currently turning at Mildmay Park. The 38 actually runs to Clapton Pond although crew changes occur at Mildmay Park which is presumably why they are terminating short.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

For those interested in London Buses, TFL have issued a summary timed at 16:00 (see attached) showing the situation on all routes. (The 131 buses normally on route 124 is a mistake).

tc

Quote from: JoNi on January 13, 2015, 09:39:42 AM
http://traintimes.org.uk/map/london-buses/

This website by Matthew Somerville uses live data to show position of all buses on a route. Select routes by using drop down list.
When route is displayed each bus is shown as a moving red dot. You can find its identity by pointing at it.

Amazingly it includes boats on the Thames routes RB1-6!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk