News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2015, 08:21:47 PM
Suddenly stupid irrelevant complaints like 'the driver had an attitude' suddenly become investigated

'What happened to the other bus?'

'Dunno'

'Oh this driver has attitude' etc etc etc

Best to not say anything at all ever

I bet you cannot find one driver that has happened to, but I bet I can find one without a mike where a complaint has been made 'The driver swore at me' and the driver has had a difficult job proving he hadn't

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2015, 07:42:28 PM
No you don't speak for everyone!

The same thing happens with every generation
You're so right! When the first Fleetlines came along in 1963 they seemed so characterless compared with the older BCT Daimlers and Crossleys they replaced - plasticky, rattly, always breaking down. But when those same BCT Daimlers and Crossleys entered service people said they were characterless compared with the trams they replaced!

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2015, 08:21:47 PM
Suddenly stupid irrelevant complaints like 'the driver had an attitude' suddenly become investigated

'What happened to the other bus?'

'Dunno'

'Oh this driver has attitude' etc etc etc

Best to not say anything at all ever

Sadly, we live in an age where 'the customer is king', and they can make such petty complaints about the most trivial of matters. I think it can only help the driver if there is audio evidence that proves a passenger (sorry, 'customer') is just making a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to complaints to customer service.

And I also find it abhorrent that a driver could potentially lose their job for refusing some chav with a 'dodgy Daysaver' who then bleats and moans to NX Customer Services saying that the driver had 'bad attitude'.

That's the kind of situation where I feel these measures actually protect the driver. Just my thoughts, from someone who worked for a company that recorded telephone conversations with customers, and had a complaint against me thrown out because of the recorded evidence that proved I wasn't abusive to the customer, despite their insistence!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

A driver I know basically was sworn at and verbally abused. The driver lost it and told the passenger to F off. This was on an MMC and the driver was suspended.

Whether this is right or wrong, you be the judge.

Dom

Quote from: MW on December 11, 2015, 09:25:18 PM
A driver I know basically was sworn at and verbally abused. The driver lost it and told the passenger to F off. This was on an MMC and the driver was suspended.

Its 50-50. Yes the driver is right to stand up for himself but he should of done it in a more controlled manner

John

4814 back in garage repainted

BU07 LGO

Quote from: MW on December 11, 2015, 09:25:18 PM

I also know of a driver punished due to the mic

John

karl724223

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 12, 2015, 10:43:22 AM
weve had a driver sacked over a non paying customer and the mic on a mmc

BU07 LGO

Quote from: karl724223 on December 12, 2015, 02:03:48 PM
weve had a driver sacked over a non paying customer and the mic on a mmc

I cant say im surprised sadly

Tony

Vehicles finished last week

AG: 4530; 4649
PB: 1905; 4814; 4826

Vehicles currently in paint
AG    4639, 4641, 4643, 4532
BC   4462, 4468, 4449
PB     7026, 7032,7023,   4820, 4818
WB    1951, 1938

The Real 4778

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 12, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

It's MC MMC on the mic, with the cash vault rap....
Don't you start.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 15, 2015, 09:34:06 AM
It's MC MMC on the mic, with the cash vault rap....

I always check the mic is off when I get on its amazing how many drivers have the mic still turned on without realising

Jaysnerz007

How can you switch the mic off ?

andyr

Surely the microphone like the cctv is there to protect you from false claims from the travelling public ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk