News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busboy31

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 08:32:44 PM
Five buses finished last week
1949; 4466; 4645; 4657 all in Crimson
4421 in Coventry blue/white

Vehicles in paint
AG-  4530, 4649, 4639, 4641, 4643
BC   4462, 4468
PB    1905, 7026, 7032,  4814, 4826, 4820
WB   1938, 1951

4449 should be the next trident called in.
One repaint in red/white will be 4175. When the overall advert was removed it took all the paint with it, so the advertising company are paying for a repaint
We not sure about 4814 returning to PB this month.

4175 I,m assuming an early repaint very minimum of prep done before the knacker lacquer was applied , I,ve examined a few buses with peeling paint the surface under neath hasn't been keyed properly , one can only assume cost cutting back then.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: 2900 on December 11, 2015, 11:04:04 AM
4175 I,m assuming an early repaint very minimum of prep done before the knacker lacquer was applied , I,ve examined a few buses with peeling paint the surface under neath hasn't been keyed properly , one can only assume cost cutting back then.

It looked nice first done but would be nicer back at PL in a proper livery and proper branding.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on December 11, 2015, 11:04:04 AM

No, just a case of well worn 6 year old paint not being able to withstand the strong adhesive used to apply the advert

John

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2015, 12:01:49 PM
No, just a case of well worn 6 year old paint not being able to withstand the strong adhesive used to apply the advert

I take it 4175 is awaiting its turn in the paintshop, as I saw 4175 out on the Bristol Road this morning, and I can see why it needs a repaint, especially the nearside and rear

Liverpool Street

41hundred tridents going and replaced with shite E400's
Brilliant
Everyone looking forward to new buses, not me
It'll be sad when more MMCs plague Birmingham.
Don't forget about the voice recording, surely if that was me it'd turn you even more miserable.
You kids missed the best days.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2015, 05:02:44 PM
Brilliant
Don't forget about the voice recording, surely if that was me it'd turn you even more miserable.

I have to agree. I have faint memories of metrobuses, the Mercs are now being viewed to me as brilliant buses

P419 EJW

Brilliant

I agree with you, @Liverpool Street. I miss old buses - they had so much character than new buses. They were simple (no added features like wi-fi, microphone, etc). I'm just glad I had great years of travelling on old buses. I miss them and will miss the earlier Tridents when they go. At least I still have the fond memories of the good old days... Sometimes I wish I was born a bit earlier like in the 80's haha.

Squiz1971

Brilliant
For me growing up it was fleetlines (Daimler/Leyland ) before metrobuses came along bringing in more moderner buses for them days lol. Nationals then Lynxes came along too, some of the new buses are great. Me personally I don't mind the 200/400 mmcs but would prefer Voith gearboxes in the 400MMCS but that's my personal opinion which will be argued by others due to the diversity of this great forum. Looking forward to see what the next batch of new buses to be delivered whatever the livery they are in

Ronnoc

Brilliant
100% agreement there, I think I speak for most people when I say that buses don't have any character anymore, it's just silence and some faint rattles.

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 11, 2015, 07:35:27 PM
100% agreement there, I think I speak for most people when I say that buses don't have any character anymore, it's just silence and some faint rattles.

No you don't speak for everyone!

The same thing happens with every generation

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2015, 07:42:28 PM
No you don't speak for everyone!

The same thing happens with every generation

I'm still sickened but not surprised now a days they're got microphones in the cab

But I am surprised there hasn't been more upset about this

Perhaps its because I'm "old school"

But we all know the true reason for the introduction of them eh
@karl724223
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Yeah - in terms of passenger experience these are the best buses yet for the West Midlands - the MMCs' interiors are a step up from previous models. In terms of buses that's the main thing - having a modern functioning bus fleet. No offence, but the B10Ls, Tridents have had their time and it's time to move on to the next generation of buses, which will ultimately provide a better experience (fine there are exceptions - some of the original batch of E200s aren't great always).

I've never been amazed by the Tridents in terms of a passenger perspective - found them rather run down looking at times, look of an old looking interior design and awful in terms of heating and keeping out the rain.

Character wise I still think the new ones have got it - the E200MMCs remind me a bit of the B10Ls and the Scanias are great as well. The Gemini IIs and Streetdecks I've always found good. Bit like trains really - people lament the loss of steam, yet now many are becoming concerned with the loss of early 80s, late 70s stock. No doubt at the time views on them were mixed. I've always tended to welcome the new stuff, or call for it - provided it's well built and serves it purpose well. I don't appreciate all the moderns though - Optares in particular are my hate (especially Versas).

Anyway I'll stop going off on a tangent from the main topic. Saw a number of the refurbished buses today (Gems, Scanias, E400s) and must say all looked excellent. Far cry from the red and white.

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
I'm still sickened but not surprised now a days they're got microphones in the cab

But I am surprised there hasn't been more upset about this

Perhaps its because I'm "old school"

But we all know the true reason for the introduction of them eh
@karl724223

Yes, to protect the driver!

How many times have drivers had complaints against them which the driver has denied and the company accused by the drivers of always backing every complaint even if it is not valid?

Liverpool Street

Suddenly stupid irrelevant complaints like 'the driver had an attitude' suddenly become investigated

'What happened to the other bus?'

'Dunno'

'Oh this driver has attitude' etc etc etc

Best to not say anything at all ever
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk