News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 22, 2015, 04:04:44 PM
Is Walsall going to repaint

trident 4128
ALX400 4260

And 45xx Geminis which need doing before 47xx

4128 - no

Yes 4527-34 need doing, but there are reasons for the current schedule.

domino.99

When should the first crimson repaint be in service?

Tony

Quote from: NXDom on May 22, 2015, 07:30:11 PM
When should the first crimson repaint be in service?

4751 is completely finished, not sure when it will go back into use though

GeminiFan1991

Which buses are going into the crimson livery ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on May 22, 2015, 08:00:37 PM
Which buses are going into the crimson livery ?!

The ones I have given in this thread as being painted Crimson

I wander if Dudley rd will retain its pink branding on Crimson I wander

Just seen a picture of Coventry garages heritage liveried ALX400 it looks very good I say.
Let's bring one back for each garage, I have fond memories of 3088 at hockley in Brum city corp livery, it was always clean got special treatment from certain drivers that took it to various shows.

Let's bombard nxwm with emails for heritage livery buses.
Mind you I can't picture a west brom corp livery

BU07 LGO

4738  parked outside paint shop in Crimson! Looks absolutely amazing !!

At first glance I thought it was a mmc!

John

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2015, 02:40:26 PM
Changes since the last update
AG 4637 finished, 4656 in for paint
WB 4225 finished (last ALX for the time being)
PB 4802 now in for repaint
WA 4764 now in for repaint

4225 already back out on the 5 today

Tony

4751 now back at WB, photo tomorrow morning on main site, just off to drive the1500 coach to London

RW

Looks a class act emphasised by the red and white livery in the background. Well done Nat Ex WM.

wembley86

so the two-tone maroon/crimson is now been applied to older buses, will the green buses have a special two tone livery

Westy

Quote from: wembley86 on May 24, 2015, 02:08:19 PM
so the two-tone maroon/crimson is now been applied to older buses, will the green buses have a special two tone livery

Would I be correct in thinking only Enviro's are being repainted into the new livery?

What about the B7 Eclipse single deckers  & Gemini double deckers, as surely they would last longer than the Tridents currently in service?

(I'm assuming the Presidents, along with other older vehicles, wouldn't be repainted, as they wouldn't be in service in the next 5 years? How long do they expect the Tridents to remain in service?)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Westy on May 24, 2015, 05:30:12 PM
Would I be correct in thinking only Enviro's are being repainted into the new livery?

What about the B7 Eclipse single deckers  & Gemini double deckers, as surely they would last longer than the Tridents currently in service?

(I'm assuming the Presidents, along with other older vehicles, wouldn't be repainted, as they wouldn't be in service in the next 5 years? How long do they expect the Tridents to remain in service?)

I can see Tridents still in service in the next 5 years but I was under the assumption all buses will be repainted into the livery although taking into account buses which could potentially be withdrawn soon makes it somewhat difficult to predict what will get repainted quick, fair to say the Enviros are the main priority for now.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Steve3229vp

I can remember in the late 1980's the MCW metrobuses were being repainted into the then new "Silver/Grey" livery, fleetlines were still being repainted cream/blue, it wasn't until the early 1990's that fleetlines were painted in "Silver/Grey". So if the older Tridents/Volvo AX's are to become "Crimson" you may have a long wait !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk