News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on July 08, 2015, 09:42:45 PM
Maybe, but the beans get spilled usually

I did deliberately leave them off the paintshop list to surprise everyone when it was finished. What helped was the refurbishment was carried out in Walsall garage, and repairs to Omnilinks in the garage don't look out of place, so presumably no staff who had been in the garage had noticed it was a PB one

uniquicity

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2015, 09:47:48 PM
I did deliberately leave them off the paintshop list to surprise everyone when it was finished. What helped was the refurbishment was carried out in Walsall garage, and repairs to Omnilinks in the garage don't look out of place, so presumably no staff who had been in the garage had noticed it was a PB one

Very clever. If I was wearing a hat it would be being doffed now

The Fox 4846

Any specific routes they will start to operate on?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Trident 4609

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on July 08, 2015, 09:58:58 PM
Any specific routes they will start to operate on?

PB's Scania Omnilink operated services.

Liberator9

That looks fantastic - once they've done PB's, can we move onto YWs! I'd still like to see the retention of the silver lights (as 1833 did), however for ease of replacement probably makes more sense to keep them in the livery colour.

RW

Still not clear why the gold lining out between the two crimsons at upper deck level continues round the back of the vehicle but not between the two crimsons at lower deck level. Any thoughts what the designers of the new livery might have been thinking anyone?

Trident 4194

I think the Crimson ones will focus on 952 first

Tony

With 1871 returning to PB in Crimson 1873 has gone to Walsall to be the third crimson Scania

As already mentioned 4750 has gone to Walsall to replace 4741 which is now back at WB

4809 should be today's finished bus

1871: that's more like it,  quality its shouting so much better than the red and white.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 08, 2015, 09:40:30 PM
Could have been intentionally kept quiet to save the Crimson veg getting a tad excited.

'Crimson veg' - quote of the day!!!
Don't you start.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2015, 07:25:41 PM
For those that haven't seen the 'phone shot' I put on facebook earlier, here is the first Omnilink repainted into Crimson

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1871.html
Looking good in the crimson livery. A question though why is the offside fleet number right under the drivers window and not under the 2nd window as per the norm? Though I have seen a couple of buses with the fleet number in that position 1800 comes to mind. Still looks good regardless of this cannot wait for all the post 57 plate buses DD/SD to be put in the Crimson livery and the Coventry Blue livery as well

Tony

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 09, 2015, 01:00:28 PM
Looking good in the crimson livery. A question though why is the offside fleet number right under the drivers window and not under the 2nd window as per the norm? Though I have seen a couple of buses with the fleet number in that position 1800 comes to mind. Still looks good regardless of this cannot wait for all the post 57 plate buses DD/SD to be put in the Crimson livery and the Coventry Blue livery as well

All new deliveries & repaints have had the fleetnumber there for some time

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2015, 01:28:53 PM
All new deliveries & repaints have had the fleetnumber there for some time
Never took much notice to be honest until you said that now I remember seeing the fleet number up there on the new MMC's. I must need me eyes tested lol

Tony

4811 now back at PB finished in crimson

Tony

1867 at this very moment is just leaving Walsall back to PB in Crimson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk