News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

I do wonder though if we had just copied another route how many people would have accused us of just poaching off others & not having our own imagination with routes lol

Bryan

Quote from: Steveminor on December 09, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
I do wonder though if we had just copied another route how many people would have accused us of just poaching off others & not having our own imagination with routes lol

And was the 11C Outer Circle that Social Travel has now ceased working upon not such a route?

Quote from: Bryan on December 09, 2015, 07:11:57 PM
And was the 11C Outer Circle that Social Travel has now ceased working upon not such a route?
Its still operating till January they were on there today. I think 564 was one of the ones on there @Bryan

The 74A has not started yet either and will not start until January.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 09, 2015, 07:27:31 PM
Carrying fresh air????
No
A couple of passengers on it - around 10
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on December 09, 2015, 07:31:26 PM
No

Great loading

Bryan

Quote from: 2206 on December 09, 2015, 07:31:26 PM
No

I hate to say it, but is that good?

countryliner

@Bryan @Trident 4194 @2206 - I think that Social Travel could probably be quite successful on the 11C if they operated it in both directions as the 11A / 11C and operated it at least hourly in each direction. But then if they did this it would require at least 6 buses in total.

@Steveminor - So are Discount Travel / Social Travel / Sunny Travel all based at the same depot or do they all have their own depots.

Adam 404

Quote from: countryliner on December 10, 2015, 07:32:23 PM
@Bryan @Trident 4194 @2206 - I think that Social Travel could probably be quite successful on the 11C if they operated it in both directions as the 11A / 11C and operated it at least hourly in each direction. But then if they did this it would require at least 6 buses in total.

@Steveminor - So are Discount Travel / Social Travel / Sunny Travel all based at the same depot or do they all have their own depots.
@countryliner if you look at the top of the fleet lists of Discount Travel, Social Travel & Sunny Travel. They are all based in different places as you will find out. Try and see if you can figure out the answer to your question first before asking it as it clogs up the threads.

Hope you understand where I am coming from.

Links:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Discount/fleetlist.html
http://wmbusphotos.com/Social/fleetlist.html
http://wmbusphotos.com/Sunny/fleetlist.html

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on December 10, 2015, 07:32:23 PM

Countryliner, as I think you don't live in the area I fail to see how you consider that Social Travel could have been successful running on the 11A and 11C on an hourly frequency.

Passengers are not going to wait for an hourly frequency service rather than going on the 8 minute frequency of NXWM.

Furthermore, as I have mentioned before, Social Travel don't encourage customer loyalty as they can't be bothered to put fleetnames on their vehicles.

countryliner

@Adam 404 - Ok. Thanks for the info. However i did not realise that the depots were displayed at the top of the fleet list pages so i was only asking to find out as i did not know this. I apologise for any inconvience that this has caused but i was only asking a question.

@Bryan - Whilst i dont live in the West Midlands i do visit the area very regularly - about a couple times a month - and i know the area fairly well. I think that plenty of passengers will be happy to wait for an hourly service if it has advantages such as cheaper fares / gives change / better customer service / friendy drivers - and i definetly think their are many passengers that will be happy to wait if it means that they can save money. An hourly service is very frequent and convient - passengers just have to make sure that they check the timetables before they travel. As for your point about Social Travel not having fleetnames - well whether or not a bus operator has fleetnames on their buses does not say anything about the bus operator. As i have said in the past their are many good operators who dont carry fleetnames on their buses whilst their are also many poor operators who do carry fleetnames. There are much more important things for bus operators to focus on than having fleetnames. And all buses have legal lettering on them which passengers can always look at. Finally i will say that i have used Social Travel quite a few times whilst i am in the West Midlands and i have never had any problems with the service.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on December 10, 2015, 08:10:54 PM
@Adam 404 - Ok. Thanks for the info. However i did not realise that the depots were displayed at the top of the fleet list pages so i was only asking to find out as i did not know this. I apologise for any inconvience that this has caused but i was only asking a question.

@Bryan - Whilst i dont live in the West Midlands i do visit the area very regularly - about a couple times a month - and i know the area fairly well. I think that plenty of passengers will be happy to wait for an hourly service if it has advantages such as cheaper fares / gives change / better customer service / friendy drivers - and i definetly think their are many passengers that will be happy to wait if it means that they can save money. An hourly service is very frequent and convient - passengers just have to make sure that they check the timetables before they travel. As for your point about Social Travel not having fleetnames - well whether or not a bus operator has fleetnames on their buses does not say anything about the bus operator. As i have said in the past their are many good operators who dont carry fleetnames on their buses whilst their are also many poor operators who do carry fleetnames. There are much more important things for bus operators to focus on than having fleetnames. And all buses have legal lettering on them which passengers can always look at. Finally i will say that i have used Social Travel quite a few times whilst i am in the West Midlands and i have never had any problems with the service.

There was NO customer loyalty on the 11 remember they also ran only in one direction so you couldn't catch them home anyway

Steveminor

With all due respect Tony how would you know if we have any customer loyalty or not. As it happens we do have some passengers who will wait for us.

Stu

Quote from: countryliner on December 10, 2015, 08:10:54 PM
An hourly service is very frequent and convient - passengers just have to make sure that they check the timetables before they travel.

That may be true if you live out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere, but as stated already, NX operate the 11A/C every 8 minutes during the day., so why wait another hour for the next Social Travel (or whichever other operator), if there'll be another bus in a few minutes?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bryan

Quote from: Steveminor on December 10, 2015, 08:21:42 PM
With all due respect Tony how would you know if we have any customer loyalty or not. As it happens we do have some passengers who will wait for us.

With respect not many, otherwise you would stay on a route for longer than a few months.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk