News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: John on January 09, 2014, 06:11:27 PM
I hope it goes well for The Green Bus, an good move for them. But wouldn't it have more chance of success if it departed from Colmore Row rather than Paradise Circus?

You'd have thought so, the Tridents being used shouldn't be a problem for emissions & the half hourly frequency. On a side note, I didn't think the 22 was that busy out of the peaks?

I wonder if is proves to be successful, whether TGB would consider trialling a Sunday service? I think there would be demand for one

vinh1000

Quote from: Winston on January 09, 2014, 06:18:27 PM
Quote from: John on January 09, 2014, 06:11:27 PM
I hope it goes well for The Green Bus, an good move for them. But wouldn't it have more chance of success if it departed from Colmore Row rather than Paradise Circus?

You'd have thought so, the Tridents being used shouldn't be a problem for emissions & the half hourly frequency. On a side note, I didn't think the 22 was that busy out of the peaks?

I wonder if is proves to be successful, whether TGB would consider trialling a Sunday service? I think there would be demand for one

WOuld be great to see SUnday service
meaning a 002 link then

Running time is over a hour i presume to merry hill

Stu

Yay, another route from Birmingham to Merry Hill, Reiss will be pleased!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

I presume the NX 22 will be changed/renumbered?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 09, 2014, 07:19:16 PM

Probably not, why?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 09, 2014, 07:20:59 PM

Probably not, why?

Sorry i just reread the fact it will follow the 22 route. I would have thought maybe a variation number could be used such as the 22A as people would possibly get confused if one 22 is going to Bartley Green and the other continues to Merry Hill

I think this is a good move by GB :) But i wonder if the loadings will be any good.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 09, 2014, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 09, 2014, 07:20:59 PM

Probably not, why?

Sorry i just reread the fact it will follow the 22 route. I would have thought maybe a variation number could be used such as the 22A as people would possibly get confused if one 22 is going to Bartley Green and the other continues to Merry Hill

I think this is a good move by GB :) But i wonder if the loadings will be any good.

I doubt it, the NX 50 continues beyond the Maypole to Druids Heath. The TGB 22 will continue beyond Bartley Green to Merry Hill. As long as passengers actually read the destination or check the driver I can't see much of a problem.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 09, 2014, 07:31:12 PM
I doubt it, the NX 50 continues beyond the Maypole to Druids Heath. The TGB 22 will continue beyond Bartley Green to Merry Hill. As long as passengers actually read the destination or check the driver I can't see much of a problem.

Ok thanks Matt :) This will be the second route Green Bus have competed against a Green Hybrid operated route by NX ;)

Also i briefly remember some time ago reading or hearing that the GB50 would recieve route branding? Is there any plan to do this?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 09, 2014, 07:35:28 PM
Also i briefly remember reading or hearing that the GB50 would recieve route branding? Is there any plan to do this?

Not that I know of

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 09, 2014, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 09, 2014, 07:35:28 PM
Also i briefly remember reading or hearing that the GB50 would recieve route branding? Is there any plan to do this?

Not that I know of

Oh ok thanks :)

the trainbasher

I get a feeling this will be another route 125. IE Withdrawn soon after it starts..

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Wonder what route it will take between Halesowen and Merry Hill, only a TGB bus was seen going up and down Barrs Road in Cradley several times today?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 09, 2014, 08:34:43 PM
Wonder what route it will take between Halesowen and Merry Hill, only a TGB bus was seen going up and down Barrs Road in Cradley several times today?

Via the 002 route i believe

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 09, 2014, 08:39:29 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 09, 2014, 08:34:43 PM

Via the 002 route i believe

Yes, as I said, it will follow the 002 route.

the trainbasher

Nothing would surprise me with Green Bus now...even if they were to register the 226W to run 7 days a week using Spectras!

Reason I say that is the 22 Merry Hill to City is, well, illogical. If you was a passenger and you wanted to get to City from Merry hill or Halesowen you'd get the 141, yes?

If you wanted to get to city from Spies Lane you'd jump on a 9, yes?

If you wanted to get to the side of Five Ways where the Harborne routes run from from Halesowen you'd get a 004/2x as it's quicker.

If you wanted to get to Harborne from Halesowen or Merry Hill you'd jump on a 004, yes?

If you wanted to get to Bartley Green from Halesowen or Merry Hill you'd jump on a 002, yes?

There is too many buses already between Harborne and City without another operator taking a chance. Plus who wants to get off at the Town Hall when NXWM go all the way to snow Hill Station...unless it's planned to do a loop similar to the 10H by New Street Station or is a SQP dodge?

By the way, do Green Bus still have the Omnicity?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk