News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liberator9 on February 23, 2015, 05:23:03 PM
I'm afraid we just don't need another operator on the 50 - we already have NX running frequently on it and Diamond carrying some good loads as well. There is also Johnsons every hour providing another method of getting along from Birmingham to Maypole. We don't need Green bus returning to simply clog the stops back up, certainly in the city centre, carrying fresh air. At least Diamond are fairly sensible putting Solos and occasionally Versas/Centros on which carry reasonable loads for their size, as opposed to double decks which are excessive.

Plus I think you'll find "once bitten, twice shy"; passengers who used to have the passes on the route who were loyal may not come back, considering the poor notice given to them by the sounds of it. I could see competition on the 8 working, or the 6 - routes which actually might need some competition on considering the high loads which NX sometimes struggle to carry, especially in the peaks.

I have to agree, surely green bus have lost a lot of customers reputation, and customers will now think twice before buying a green bus pass, as you never know when there going to pull off. I also don't understand why an operator like green bus decides to go back on the highest frequency route in the west midlands( I believe). The 8 would be good competition, and I am still astounded no other operator has tried competing with nx buses.

At least they have sense not to bother on the 11, like SOCIAL TRAVEL, however they only have single deck buses, won't cause too much chaos

Justin Tyme

Well, the market will decide!

In danger of going off topic here, but I can't see the attraction in the 8.  Outside the peaks does it really struggle to cope?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 23, 2015, 07:07:29 PM

In danger of going off topic here, but I can't see the attraction in the 8.  Outside the peaks does it really struggle to cope?

The highest loadings ive ever seen on the 8 I could count on my fingers but that's just me

Gareth

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 23, 2015, 08:14:46 PM
Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 23, 2015, 07:07:29 PM

The highest loadings ive ever seen on the 8 I could count on my fingers but that's just me

As a semi regular 8 user, loadings are healthy during most times of the day. Doesn't need any competition though. That would just be more buses to get caught up in traffic at peak times.

j789

Always wondered with green bus with the school routes they do, are most drivers part time? Surely it must be difficult to get drivers to work an all day shift on a route like the 50 rather than do a couple of schools and a private hire?

PM

Quote from: Matt on February 24, 2015, 12:18:49 PM
For anyone who is interested Green Bus are doing rail replacement boards LM11 and LM12 on Saturday, these are booked Spectras subject to availability.

God help anyone who has to get the train Saturday then  ::)

the trainbasher

Spectras eh? Might take a trip over :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

James4368

For anyone who is interested Green Bus are doing rail replacement boards LM11 and LM12 on Saturday, these are booked Spectras subject to availability.
what rail line are they operating?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Matt on February 24, 2015, 05:40:57 PM
Funny that, if Green Bus are that bad why do Cabline keep using them?

Perhaps slimebus undercut the opposition again?......

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Matt on February 24, 2015, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on February 24, 2015, 05:26:25 PM

God help anyone who has to get the train Saturday then  ::)

Funny that, if Green Bus are that bad why do Cabline keep using them?

Because they are cheap?

This is the case with many sub contract business as with National Express etc that most often they go simply with the cheapest bid. Matt if you look back at a previous comment about the bidder of Gersey going to someone else because they were cheaper than Green!!

I think that answers the question
campaigning for better transport for all

James4368

Local Bus Routes

3Q

Quote from: Matt on March 07, 2015, 05:25:11 PM
I like my new title "Greenbus Guru" 8)

What vehicles are Greenbus using when they return to the 50 Matt?

James4368

Local Bus Routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk