News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses with Merry Christmas on display

Started by Dutsey, December 19, 2014, 10:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

I saw a Central Bus this morning on the Xpre55 showing Merry Christmas on the display.

Do any other companies do this?

pb2012

I have seen a few YW buses displaying merry christmas!

Liberator9

Same  - seen a fair number of YW buses having Merry Christmas on instead of "sorry not in service." Nice touch from them actually.

John

the trainbasher

Hansons display seasons greetings on their centrads.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bryan

Quote from: John on December 21, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
Santa was driving a 98 today

That is something I always think gives a bus company 'brownie points', and that is from a 'Bah Humbug' person like myself!

P.S. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

YWDriver

Quote from: John on December 21, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
Santa was driving a 98 today

He was out on the 35 on Thursday (it may have been Friday thinking about it) , it was quite a shock to see him coming towards me haha !

trident4370

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4341.html Funnily enough I've just stumbled across a pic on the main site, (Third from the bottom) of a YW Christmas bus.

YWDriver

Quote from: trident4370 on December 21, 2014, 10:40:38 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4341.html Funnily enough I've just stumbled across a pic on the main site, (Third from the bottom) of a YW Christmas bus.

That's great, the one out on the 35 last week was a Scania and it had tinsel and decorations up inside. I remember last year it went onto nearly all of our routes.

trident4370

Pity it wont be on the 35 again tomorrow :( got to love YW for making the effort every year!

YWDriver

Quote from: trident4370 on December 22, 2014, 10:48:52 PM
Pity it wont be on the 35 again tomorrow :( got to love YW for making the effort every year!

Out and about on the six today.

Stu

Spotted an Eclipse 2 B7RLE this morning in Acocks Green, not in service, with 'Happy New Year!' scrolling on the rear display.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bryan

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 05:04:30 PM
Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2014, 05:02:44 PM
Spotted an Eclipse 2 B7RLE this morning in Acocks Green, not in service, with 'Happy New Year!' scrolling on the rear display.

Bit premature!

Obviously like Christmas which appears to start around October in this era!

Ally

I know I'm a little late on this (I've only just spotted it) but I thought it was worth an add!
Stagecoach Nuneaton have "Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year" programmed onto their blinds which during the festive season, a lot of drivers substitute it for the Not In Service blind.
Or if you're me, you leave buses sat in the Bus Station in the middle of a Summer heatwave with it showing, much to the amusement of passers by, 1 child (the summer just gone) pointing and asking his father what was going on!

I've got a picture of it displayed on a Dart on New Year's Day 2010 at Tile Hill South on the NX Coventry 19 route, whilst I was directing a driver on it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1399740573639834&l=4302b63bdf
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk