News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Services 213/214/217/240 in Old Hill and Cradley Heath

Started by Roy, December 04, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2014, 09:51:46 PM
I'm confused at how the 217 is late so often. I caught it today departed at 15:52 according to my phone, hardly anyone got on or off, and travelled between 20-25 mph and arrived in halesowen at 16:15. Have the primos gone from 240 as only seen e200 yesterday and today
Primo seen today on 240.

Odd youur journey on the 217 saw barely anyone get on and off. Some of the loadings I have seen recently are some of the best I have seen imo. Sure its never busy like a proper main route might get but not bad for the type of service it is. Must have been around 10 people on one service I saw the other day and that was sometime between 3-5pm I think.

Trident 4194

Quote from: s94 on January 06, 2015, 07:26:20 PM
I'm confused at how the 217 is late so often. I caught it today departed at 15:52 according to my phone, hardly anyone got on or off, and travelled between 20-25 mph and arrived in halesowen at 16:15. Have the primos gone from 240 as only seen e200 yesterday and today
Primo seen today on 240.

Odd youur journey on the 217 saw barely anyone get on and off. Some of the loadings I have seen recently are some of the best I have seen imo. Sure its never busy like a proper main route might get but not bad for the type of service it is. Must have been around 10 people on one service I saw the other day and that was sometime between 3-5pm I think.

Where does the 240 terminate now cradley station is not usuable ?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2015, 07:49:23 PM
Quote from: s94 on January 06, 2015, 07:26:20 PM
Primo seen today on 240.

Where does the 240 terminate now cradley station is not usuable ?

From what i have seen, anywhere they fancy!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

There is now signs for 13 going down towards halesowen by huntingtree towards Halesowen

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2014, 08:21:06 PM
As has happened at previous reviews, bus services get revised and renumbered, there's always some bitching and moaning about being 'confused' by the new numbers. But then what happens is, that people get used to things, and people stop complaining.

There's plenty of scope to revise route numbers in the Dudley area, without clashing with other route numbers elsewhere. And I think it does give local areas their own identity still. For example, lets renumber the 222 as the 2. There's already a 1 service in Dudley, as the principal route going to Wolverhampton, so why not have a 2 as the principal route going to Merry Hill? You'd have to be pretty barmy to get that mixed up with the 2 from Birmingham to Maypole.

The network will have to change, in order to adapt to changes in passenger movements and needs; you can either embrace the changes and move boldly forward, or stay firmly rooted in the 20th Century with a network that just does not fit in with where people need to travel.

It would be quite easy to mix a 2 up with a 002, which also terminates at Merry Hill though.

Renumbering routes hasn't made things simpler, it's made it more confusing.

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on January 15, 2015, 07:40:08 PM
As has happened at previous reviews, bus services get revised and renumbered, there's always some bitching and moaning about being 'confused' by the new numbers. But then what happens is, that people get used to things, and people stop complaining.

There's plenty of scope to revise route numbers in the Dudley area, without clashing with other route numbers elsewhere. And I think it does give local areas their own identity still. For example, lets renumber the 222 as the 2. There's already a 1 service in Dudley, as the principal route going to Wolverhampton, so why not have a 2 as the principal route going to Merry Hill? You'd have to be pretty barmy to get that mixed up with the 2 from Birmingham to Maypole.

The network will have to change, in order to adapt to changes in passenger movements and needs; you can either embrace the changes and move boldly forward, or stay firmly rooted in the 20th Century with a network that just does not fit in with where people need to travel.

It would be quite easy to mix a 2 up with a 002, which also terminates at Merry Hill though.

I can see both the 002 and 004 getting renumbered in the future.

Do many people get confused between the 4M and 004 then?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on January 15, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: Mike K on January 15, 2015, 07:40:08 PM

I can see both the 002 and 004 getting renumbered in the future.

Do many people get confused between the 4M and 004 then?  ;)

Slightly different with the M suffix there but I have certainly heard people around Harborne and Quinton saying they've caught the 4 to Merry Hill. I still think two similarly numbered routes differentiated only by leading zeros is confusing when there are enough numbers available to have something completely different.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

I must say what a bad show with the lack of info both Arriva and igo have given. I mean the diversion of the 298/299 was only publicised yesterday on bus so what chance do the public have?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Nothing on the Arriva website either!

Arriva never seem interested in the services at this end. Never gets the attention on the website like its North Midlands routes.

Stuharris 6360

My friend who lives in Barrs Road has had a leaflet through the door!

Kevin

Quote from: s94 on January 24, 2015, 06:34:56 PM
Nothing on the Arriva website either!

In itself, not surprising. To be honest it would be seem weird if Arriva actually did put stuff like that on their website (cue Bob...)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Timetable for 13 and 17, on network West Midlands website

the trainbasher

Anyone want to put money on at least one driver getting lost on Monday?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk