News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum X1

Started by CL, November 29, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

This has really intrigued me. Is the service 957 going to change the service number to X1? I seen people say yes, indirectly. Also indicating the 900 is going to change to the X2, but I haven't had a straight answer. Unless the X1 is just a Promotional Route to show how branding would look on the buses?

Evidence:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/1976/bus-investment.jpg
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

I've asked the same question and failed to get a straight answer.

The evidence is pushing towards yes, they'll be renumbered to X series, but where doth this stand for the X64 etc I don't know. And also, we'll probably wait until the registrations get redone.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

James4368

Quote from: clayderman on November 29, 2014, 03:01:07 PM
This has really intrigued me. Is the service 957 going to change the service number to X1? I seen people say yes, indirectly. Also indicating the 900 is going to change to the X2, but I haven't had a straight answer. Unless the X1 is just a Promotional Route to show how branding would look on the buses?

Evidence:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/1976/bus-investment.jpg
im thinking that myself
its probably just a sneak peek of what livery will look like on new E400MMC's and a example of route number aswell
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

monkeyjoe

SO hypothetically if I use the 957 between city and lets say old lode lane and I have no alternative route like people on the x51 for example will I be forced to pay higher fares, when in the past I have my 57 / 957.  Suppose you could say the same for people in Bloxwich for example, but the Sheldon/Olton/Wells Green type area examples seems a bit unfair to those passengers. Again to much time on my hands this evening.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 29, 2014, 10:42:36 PM
SO hypothetically if I use the 957 between city and lets say old lode lane and I have no alternative route like people on the x51 for example will I be forced to pay higher fares, when in the past I have my 57 / 957.  Suppose you could say the same for people in Bloxwich for example, but the Sheldon/Olton/Wells Green type area examples seems a bit unfair to those passengers. Again to much time on my hands this evening.

You have the 73  ;) takes a little longer though!

Kevin

Maybe I've missed something here but... Who said anything about higher fares?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

Yeah I get that but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 30, 2014, 12:15:09 AM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

Yeah I get that but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

I know what you mean!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk