News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thumbs up from me!

Started by RW, November 28, 2014, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Mike K on November 28, 2014, 11:30:10 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 28, 2014, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on November 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
Excellent redesign - look forward to seeing it in person. Reminds me of the Lothian livery as well actually. I am going to assume that the current fleet will receive this livery - at least the newer vehicles (aka, 2009/2010 Scanias?). The livery would look great on a Scania!
And an ALX400, excuse my addiction with talking about ALX400s.

It's a decent enough livery (although 2 shades of blue would have been better) but as far as the ALX400 body is concerned you can't polish a turd. The livery will really suit body styles with a few curves though, like the Gemini.

I dare say two shades of blue will appear for NXC  ;)

Solo1

How about some photo shopping the below so
we can see what it would look like
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2014, 11:35:42 PM
Just a thought...

Maybe the darker shades of red (top saloon and below the lower saloon windows) should be in a dark blue... And the middle lighter shade of red should be in silver, all seperated by a red pin stripe. Then where the beige swoop is from the front wheel should be red,

Whilst I'm describing a 21st century TWM livery, bring back the Travel name! :P

Ronnoc

Quote from: Mike K on November 28, 2014, 11:30:10 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 28, 2014, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on November 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
Excellent redesign - look forward to seeing it in person. Reminds me of the Lothian livery as well actually. I am going to assume that the current fleet will receive this livery - at least the newer vehicles (aka, 2009/2010 Scanias?). The livery would look great on a Scania!
And an ALX400, excuse my addiction with talking about ALX400s.

It's a decent enough livery (although 2 shades of blue would have been better) but as far as the ALX400 body is concerned you can't polish a turd. The livery will really suit body styles with a few curves though, like the Gemini.
On the ALX400 it would look alot better, the body is alot better then the rubbish enviro 400 so it would suit it better. National Express would probably take the livery off the Enviro 400 as soon as it goes on, you can't polish some cheap curvy turd. It would look nice on older buses, the ALX400 keeps that old design on and on, the Gemini is acceptable even though there is a little curve at the front. We will have to wait though!

CL

Would love to see this livery portrayed on some Model Buses... (despite the lack of announcements from CMNLs and their models. Possibly Corgi and their Volvo Models)

Also, another thought. If the Hybrid Buses were to go in for repaint, would it be the same livery, but green? What I'm thinking of is sort of a Leprechaun Machine, lol. Although, I think the new livery would look splendid, given the situation where the entire NX fleet, (possibly including Dundee) would be uniform.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

The platinum livery has looking at it a similar shade to brookes bus.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Solo1 on November 29, 2014, 06:44:57 AM
How about some photo shopping the below so
we can see what it would look like
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2014, 11:35:42 PM
Just a thought...

Maybe the darker shades of red (top saloon and below the lower saloon windows) should be in a dark blue... And the middle lighter shade of red should be in silver, all seperated by a red pin stripe. Then where the beige swoop is from the front wheel should be red,

Whilst I'm describing a 21st century TWM livery, bring back the Travel name! :P

I second the above notion.

~ I could do a paper bus one but that's as far as my skills go haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

RW

Slightly off subject but was wondering whether the NX Platinum vehicles will have full width rear displays similar to Arriva's Sapphire? Possibly also the 'standard' vehicles.

Tony

I now have permission to put these two photographs of 4718 on the main site to show what the new livery will look like. I must point out that this is not the exact livery.
The middle red will be a darker shade (The shade on this is standard NXWM red) and there will be an additional yellow strip separating the top two reds. Although the strips are yellow the strips used are slightly transparent which means they look gold when applied.

4731 was actually painted in the full version of the new livery for the new vehicle order but never emerged from the paintshop, so I do not have photos of that one.

The photos of 4718 are here
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4718.html

Both were soon repainted into standard livery and put back into service at Yardley Wood

the trainbasher

Looks almost Stenning like...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liberator9

Looks great! Will actually look even better with a darker shade of red in the middle - glad YW is going to be the first to have this  ;) I assume 4718 is going to stay in this livery now. Scanias will look excellent in that style.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 22, 2014, 07:46:08 PM
Looks great! Will actually look even better with a darker shade of red in the middle - glad YW is going to be the first to have this  ;) I assume 4718 is going to stay in this livery now. Scanias will look excellent in that style.

Who hasn't read my post?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 22, 2014, 06:41:39 PM
I now have permission to put these two photographs of 4718 on the main site to show what the new livery will look like. I must point out that this is not the exact livery.
The middle red will be a darker shade (The shade on this is standard NXWM red) and there will be an additional yellow strip separating the top two reds. Although the strips are yellow the strips used are slightly transparent which means they look gold when applied.

4731 was actually painted in the full version of the new livery for the new vehicle order but never emerged from the paintshop, so I do not have photos of that one.

Both were soon repainted into standard livery and put back into service at Yardley Wood

Wouldn't you call that a waste of money to paint a bus in a new livery just then to repaint it back in its old livery?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 22, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

Wouldn't you call that a waste of money to paint a bus in a new livery just then to repaint it back in its old livery?

Which is worse? designing a livery on paper, having a batch of buses painted in it, then realising it does not look good on vehicles themselves, or doing a trial, looking for improvements, then deciding. As you will see from the post, a couple of improvements were decided on after this was looked at

Liberator9

That was a rather large mistake of me! Sorry about that Tony - didn't read your post. Got a bit over excited about new livery instead of doing that.
I think it is a good idea of NX to trial it out - better to find out how it looks and taking their time over it to ensure that it is perfect when introduced - shows that they are caring about the presentation of the fleet. I'd rather they spend money doing this than introduce another mistake such as the 2009-2011 design which had fading paint and rather cheap looking connection bars etc.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 22, 2014, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 22, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

Which is worse? designing a livery on paper, having a batch of buses painted in it, then realising it does not look good on vehicles themselves, or doing a trial, looking for improvements, then deciding. As you will see from the post, a couple of improvements were decided on after this was looked at

True, but couldn't the buses have been put in traffic in the new proposed livery and the public given a chance to comment on the new livery?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk