News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Extend cv11 to serve Warwick bus station every hour in the summer and every 2 hours in the winter months to compete with stagecoach x17/x18 services 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Owen

I know people will say "why does everything have to be renumbered". But since we have the 94 going through castle Brom', 95 shard end, 97 meadway. Wouldn't a 96/X96 fit in the sequence. 

I notice a whole lot of people onboard from C Wood, do not get off until final few stops after going past Stechford. Having to sit through that traffic... Something needs to change route wise 100%, the renumbering seems a good shout.

The |14| Is kind of an odd one out. It will need rerouting due to Saltley works, Maybe a new service could replace it from dudeston to Washwood Heath via alum rock section ,, the havoc on alum rock rd is just torturous. A new x96 limited stop from Stechford ~ city..? 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Owen on August 21, 2023, 02:55:22 AMI know people will say "why does everything have to be renumbered". But since we have the 94 going through castle Brom', 95 shard end, 97 meadway. Wouldn't a 96/X96 fit in the sequence.

I notice a whole lot of people onboard from C Wood, do not get off until final few stops after going past Stechford. Having to sit through that traffic... Something needs to change route wise 100%, the renumbering seems a good shout.

The |14| Is kind of an odd one out. It will need rerouting due to Saltley works, Maybe a new service could replace it from dudeston to Washwood Heath via alum rock section ,, the havoc on alum rock rd is just torturous. A new x96 limited stop from Stechford ~ city..?
I thought of a something similar:

14 City-Stechford (Retail Park)
X96 City-Ward End (via Heartlands Parkway)-Stechford (Retail Park), then as remaining 14 route to Chelmsley Wood

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2023, 05:03:11 AMI thought of a something similar:

X96 City-Ward End (via Heartlands Parkway)-Stechford (Retail Park), then as remaining 14 route to Chelmsley Wood
If they renumbered the 14 to 93 or 98 then it could match the rest of the routes in Chelmsley Wood (you could also change the 71 to 91 at the same time).

An express route would be nice from Chelmlsey Wood to Birmingham, I thought of a route (lets give it the number X9 to match the area)
Birmingham ► Star City (via A47) ► The Fort ► then either fast down the A452 to Chelmlsey Wood or past clock garage, and down the B4114 going limited stop ► then into Chelmsley Wood (with maybe peak time extentions to Business Park or something along those lines)

Another change I'd make is, to change the 96 so it goes along Cooks Lane and Chelmlsey Wood to give more service along those roads.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

midlandred2003

There was a limited stop from chelmsley Wood many years ago via collector Rd,Tyburn Rd and expressway every time I used it I was the only passenger normally directing the driver.

Owen

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2023, 05:03:11 AMI thought of a something similar:

Well yeah it wouldn't really have to change, just be shortened. inner city routes wouldn't be long routes. like this section being trapped in traffic for ages ~ no pint in being limited stop really. Only if they thought like us. 

Wumpty

Quote from: midlandred2003 on August 21, 2023, 01:46:37 PMThere was a limited stop from chelmsley Wood many years ago via collector Rd,Tyburn Rd and expressway every time I used it I was the only passenger normally directing the driver.
Was that the 993/994 using Lynxes?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ellspurs

Quote from: Wumpty on August 21, 2023, 02:03:43 PMWas that the 993/994 using Lynxes?
Yes, previously the 962.

At morning/evening peak times the service would be packed from/to the stop on Lanchester Way before the Collector Road.

Congestion due to the many road projects going on in the area ultimately put paid to it. Used to love getting it to Birmingham, on a good day you'd be there in 20-25 minutes.

Owen

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 21, 2023, 12:34:02 PMIf they renumbered the 14 to 93 or 98 then it could match the rest of the routes in Chelmsley Wood (you could also change the 71 to 91 at the same time).

An express route would be nice from Chelmlsey Wood to Birmingham, I thought of a route (lets give it the number X9 to match the area)
Birmingham ► Star City (via A47) ► The Fort ► then either fast down the A452 to Chelmlsey Wood or past clock garage, and down the B4114 going limited stop ► then into Chelmsley Wood (with maybe peak time extentions to Business Park or something along those lines)

Another change I'd make is, to change the 96 so it goes along Cooks Lane and Chelmlsey Wood to give more service along those roads.
Say 14 was shortened, looping back round at ... stechford lane > alum rock road. Renumbered a new inner city sequence. That would mean the rest of the route needs a service.

the routes 71, 96 should become something like e.g. 299, 298 (2** being a distinguishing numeric of east side outer city e.g.)

as for that route, sounds like it would be more to do with an x13 type service. (Which should be X93 btw) 😂

markcf83

Quote from: midlandred2003 on August 21, 2023, 01:46:37 PMThere was a limited stop from chelmsley Wood many years ago via collector Rd,Tyburn Rd and expressway every time I used it I was the only passenger normally directing the driver.
993? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on August 21, 2023, 02:10:29 PMYes, previously the 962.

At morning/evening peak times the service would be packed from/to the stop on Lanchester Way before the Collector Road.

Congestion due to the many road projects going on in the area ultimately put paid to it. Used to love getting it to Birmingham, on a good day you'd be there in 20-25 minutes.
Originally the 162 before the 962

midlandred2003

Steve3229vp

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2023, 04:21:51 PMOperated by Sutton garage until it's closure in 1984 ?

Not sure.  I think the 962 was transferred to Miller Street in the late 1970s.  I recall at least one 962 ride on a DP National - I don't think any of those were allocated to Sutton? - and another on an ex-BCT Fleetline.

midlandred2003

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk