News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Joe's Travel

Started by mikestone, November 14, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Public Inquiry (49580) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 20 November 2014 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2213)
)
PD1080270 SN
JOE'S TRAVEL LTD
Director(s): JOGINDER SINGH CHALL, SWARAN KAUR CHALL.
5 LAVENDER CLOSE WALSALL WS5 4ST

the trainbasher

Public Inquiry (49580) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 20 November 2014 at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2215)
)PD1080270          SN
JOE'S TRAVEL LTD
Director(s): JOGINDER SINGH CHALL, SWARAN KAUR CHALL.
5 LAVENDER CLOSE  WALSALL WS5 4ST

1.I revoke the operators licence, effective from 23.59 hours on Sunday 23 November 2014, under my mandatory powers – not of good repute; appropriate financial standing or professionally competent.

2.I also revoke the operator's licence under my discretionary powers, effective from 23.59 hours on 23 November 2014, for the breach of undertakings and the prohibitions that were received.

3.I also disqualify the operator from holding or obtaining any operators licence in any traffic area for a period of 2 years, effective from 23.59 hours on 23 November 2014.

4.I disqualify the director, Mr Joginder Singh Chall, from holding or obtaining any operators licence in any traffic area for a period of 2 years, effective from 23.59 hours on 23 November 2014. From the evidence before me it was entirely proportionate and appropriate to make orders of disqualification.

5.The maximum penalty of £550 per vehicle authorised on the operators licence is payable in the sum of 8 x £550 = £4,400.  Failure to pay this in full within 30 days of today will allow civil recovery proceedings to begin.

Mr Nicholls is therefore disqualified as a transport manager with immediate effect for 6 months.  In order to restore his good repute he must (a) successfully complete a transport manager's refresher course with the RHA; (b) successfully complete a separate drivers hours and tachograph compliance course with the RHA, and, (c) for no other issues of concern to have come to light

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Pointless exercise since they had ceased trading anyway & we're very unlikely to make a comeback

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on December 12, 2014, 06:35:41 AM
Pointless exercise since they had ceased trading anyway & we're very unlikely to make a comeback

Not pointless at all. the director and Traffic Manager needed to be punished otherwise Joe's Travel could just have closed and then the director and Traffic Manager could have set up and run another bus company.

There is always a point for a PI even if it doesn't always seem obvious.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 12, 2014, 01:22:03 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on December 12, 2014, 06:35:41 AM

Not pointless at all. the director and Traffic Manager needed to be punished otherwise Joe's Travel could just have closed and then the director and Traffic Manager could have set up and run another bus company.

There is always a point for a PI even if it doesn't always seem obvious.

And he has fined them £4400 as well

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk