News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Family day saver £5.00 half term offer

Started by 37351ml, October 31, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

37351ml

I had an email last week regarding the above offer during half term. On Saturday I purchased a ticket but had to show the driver where the offer was on the module as he hadn't heard about it . However I came to buy one yesterday and put the £5.00 in the vault but the driver would not issue it as he reckoned you needed to fill in a form. I explained I had purchased one last Saturday with no problems.after arguing with him he issued me with an adult daysaver which was not what I wanted. other people who I have spoken to have had similar problems with drivers refusing to issue the 5.00 ticket insisting it is £8.00 and denying any knowledge of a half term offer . I even enquired at the travel office in West Bromwich but they confirmed family daysaver is 8.00 and that "if I asked an inspector they would also confirm this". Why have an offer when the drivers know nothing about it? I am really annoyed about this.who is in the wrong here?

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on October 31, 2014, 12:23:03 PM
I had an email last week regarding the above offer during half term. On Saturday I purchased a ticket but had to show the driver where the offer was on the module as he hadn't heard about it . However I came to buy one yesterday and put the £5.00 in the vault but the driver would not issue it as he reckoned you needed to fill in a form. I explained I had purchased one last Saturday with no problems.after arguing with him he issued me with an adult daysaver which was not what I wanted. other people who I have spoken to have had similar problems with drivers refusing to issue the 5.00 ticket insisting it is £8.00 and denying any knowledge of a half term offer . I even enquired at the travel office in West Bromwich but they confirmed family daysaver is 8.00 and that "if I asked an inspector they would also confirm this". Why have an offer when the drivers know nothing about it? I am really annoyed about this.who is in the wrong here?

No you are correct, all you have to do is ask for the offer and , While some drivers never seem to read notices at garages the travel shop being wrong is very disappointing

JoNi

Having an on bus advert would have helped and been something  passengers could have pointed to.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on October 31, 2014, 12:47:18 PM
Having an on bus advert would have helped and been something 3 735 1 ml could have pointed to.

It wasn't generally available. It was a specific marketing thing targeting people on the NX mailing list and only available to them and people they told.

andrew1991

Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2014, 12:44:18 PM
Quote from: 37351ml on October 31, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

No you are correct, all you have to do is ask for the offer and , While some drivers never seem to read notices at garages the travel shop being wrong is very disappointing

I've issued 1 of these 'special family tickets' most passengers have been getting on throwing £8 into the vault, I read about the ticket online but some drivers haven't heard about it. I think it's located directly below the Adult day saver on the wayfarer so not that difficult to find.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2014, 12:51:28 PM
Quote from: JoNi on October 31, 2014, 12:47:18 PM
Having an on bus advert would have helped and been something 3 735 1 ml could have pointed to.

It wasn't generally available. It was a specific marketing thing targeting people on the NX mailing list and only available to them and people they told.

I was emailed this 'offer' as I'm on their list, and it read:

"We've put together an exclusive offer just for you. During half term we're offering you the chance to buy Family Daysavers (normally £8) for just £5.

Make sure you click on the link below for more details and how to redeem the offer! "

The link in the email takes you to:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/miscellaneous/family-for-a-fiver-?utm_medium=email&utm_source=West+Midlands+Travel+Ltd&utm_campaign=4850823_Half+Term+family+offer&dm_i=1XG8,2VYX3,EM5S6I,AG962,1

"Take the family out for just a fiver this half term! We've put together an exclusive offer, just for you! For the October half term holidays we have discounted our £8 Family Daysaver, to just £5.
The discounted Family Daysaver provides great value for up to 4 children and 2 adults to get unlimited travel on all of our buses all day long for just £5.
The £5 Family Daysaver ticket will be available from Saturday 25th October - Sunday 2nd November 2014.
All you need to do is ask the driver for a 'Family Special Ticket'.
So if you're out and about with your family enjoying a BUSy half term holiday, remember to use your exclusive email offer when you travel. "

While I'm not personally affected by this, its got to be a bit of a bad show if NX can publicise these tickets and not make their drivers aware of it.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk