News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

PVRs

Started by CL, October 27, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

I think it's safe to have this topic in the Questions area, to save clogging garage threads etc... on the PVRs on buses. If i'm not mistaken, PVR stands for Peak Vehicle Requirement - I've created this thread for anybody who would want to discuss the PVR of a particular service.

My question is: What's the PVR of the 16 (NXWM PB)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on October 27, 2014, 02:00:30 PM
I think it's safe to have this topic in the Questions area, to save clogging garage threads etc... on the PVRs on buses. If i'm not mistaken, PVR stands for Peak Vehicle Requirement - I've created this thread for anybody who would want to discuss the PVR of a particular service.

My question is: What's the PVR of the 16 (NXWM PB)

While some are easy enough for people to work out. National Express do not like that given out by staff, so you will not get a definitive answer

Liberator9

You can only calculate approx. numbers from timetables - as Tony has said the number of running boards is needed, and NX, as you would understand, would not be keen to reveal this information.

You calculate a rough idea though using this technique.

Journey time one way is  = 64 minutes.
Then add the return time = 64 minutes

Now add the time in for layover at each terminus - 76 is 6 minutes at Q.E and 6 minutes at Solihull.

Therefore 128 + 12 = 140 minutes.

Divide this by the frequency of 20 minutes

= 7 buses.

Now note that this is only during the daytime. It does not include the extra buses used for peak workings.

For certain the 76 has an 8th bus in the morning to work the 7:20am service from Solihull to Kings' Heath. I know this as I sometimes see it go out of service after running it, and a friend let me know what it did after running the 76E.

So as an enthusiast, you can work out a rough idea of the number of buses used, but not the actual reality.

CL

Thanks to both of you for the replies. :) With Liberator9's method, I think it'll be much more simpler for me to work out a rough idea of how many buses will be on that particular route.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk