News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X126 Service

Started by Dutsey, October 14, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

I feel that there could be patronage for an express service on the 126 route. The journey normally takes 90mins from Wolves to Birmingham.

I feel that the Express route could half the time of the route. Maybe have a direct service to Dudley down the Birmingham New Road. Then between Dudley and Birmingham have a stop at Langley, Bearwood and one on the Hagley Road.

This service could run maybe every 20 mins.

Tony

Quote from: Dutsey on October 14, 2014, 12:02:57 PM
I feel that there could be patronage for an express service on the 126 route. The journey normally takes 90mins from Wolves to Birmingham.

I feel that the Express route could half the time of the route. Maybe have a direct service to Dudley down the Birmingham New Road. Then between Dudley and Birmingham have a stop at Langley, Bearwood and one on the Hagley Road.

Problem is it has been tried, the 926, used to be limited stop Birmingham to Dudley and it certainly wouldn't half the time

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2014, 01:00:08 PM
Quote from: Dutsey on October 14, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

Problem is it has been tried, the 926, used to be limited stop Birmingham to Dudley and it certainly wouldn't half the time

I like the idea but I wouldn't think it would work as Tony said it has been tried before and the thing is there is usually some one at every stop on the 126 and it leads to the fact that how many people would travel the distance between stops on the normal 126.

Imo I think NX should bring back the 125 and have that running every 10 mins and have the 126 every 10 so you should have a bus every 5 mins between Dudley and Wolverhampton

I very much doubt they could 1/3 the time never mind half it...there not enough time on it as it is...maybe the changes due on the 26th will help, but I doubt it..Why can't they do to the 126 what they did to the 79? it's widespread that the 79 & 74 are more reliable now. Simply running such a long route is bound to be unreliable, with little time, barely any drop back and the constant issues regarding traffic, roadworks & diversions are always going to effect time keeping. Generally the 79 now works because it has generous time and ample drop back to compensate for any issues, if all routes were like this they would be more reliable!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

the trainbasher

I agree with 4006. Split it at Dudley with the following method

216 Dudley to Wolverhampton every 5
126 Dudley to City every 10

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 15, 2014, 10:16:55 AM

Or 125?

Westy

Quote from: NXDom on October 15, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

Or 125?

Surely they would number it in the current Wolverhampton series?

andrew1991

Quote from: Westy on October 15, 2014, 06:15:13 PM
Quote from: NXDom on October 15, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

Or 125?

Surely they would number it in the current Wolverhampton series?

12 is free

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk