News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Well I dont know, do I!

Im only used to car drivers over the years!

A stall is a stall to me!

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Tony on September 12, 2016, 05:48:24 PM
It also only happens when the doors are open on the Platinums, so only as bus stops, not traffic lights etc.
I've just ridden on 6765 and the engine seemed to stop both when the door was open, as usual, but also when stopped in traffic. Also, after standing with the door open for one minute, the engine will restart.
Tony

ARBB

For anyone that hasn't seen the 126 branding, it's a lovely shade of green. The same as the 957

Mike K

Quote from: pndriver on September 13, 2016, 03:26:54 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen the 126 branding, it's a lovely shade of green. The same as the 957

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what shade of green the X10 will be.
Soon we'll have some forum members getting all excited over the Platinums fifty shades of green.

the trainbasher

Sounds like a new NXWM Movie @Mike K.

Presenting...50 Shades of Green Platinums

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ARBB

Quote from: Mike K on September 13, 2016, 06:59:35 PM
Nice. Looking forward to seeing what shade of green the X10 will be.
Soon we'll have some forum members getting all excited over the Platinums fifty shades of green.

Same as the 9 no doubt

Other Walsall Tony

Since the Platinums arrived the 529s have become even more gregarious than before. Is there any reason for this?  I don't know of any road works etc at the moment.
Tony

The Real 4778

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on September 15, 2016, 04:27:18 PM
Since the Platinums arrived the 529s have become even more gregarious than before. Is there any reason for this?  I don't know of any road works etc at the moment.

Gregarious - brilliant and inspired, that man!!!
Don't you start.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on September 15, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Gregarious - brilliant and inspired, that man!!!

Acknowledgements to Flanders and Swann, Transport of Delight.
Tony

BU07 LGO

Jack6101

It was making very horrible sounds yesterday so could they be lookinf at it ??
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Jack6101 on September 15, 2016, 09:56:18 PM
It was making very horrible sounds yesterday so could they be lookinf at it ??

It wasn't when I caught it on the 1938 ex Wolverhampton

wulfrun

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on September 15, 2016, 04:27:18 PM

I thought Platinum routes were supposed to have their own dedicated managers, who the public could easily approach for a direct response to their concerns?

Region's first Platinum buses hit the streets
22nd May 2015
Drivers of the services will also wear suits and each route will have a dedicated manager who will be responsible for making sure that buses run on time and responding directly to customers' concerns.

Who is the Platinum manager for the 529?

How do the public contact them?
"Forward in Unity"

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on September 15, 2016, 09:09:56 PM
6775 parked at WA

And 6774 is at Perry Barr for our type training

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 18, 2016, 01:03:56 PM
The Bus and Coach article states that 34 Platinum buses are going to Birmingham Central which will displace the existing Platinum buses to other garages, At the moment BC have 18 which they will have 16 more. So if the 900 and 957 retain there allocation (16 I think) and the new 960 having 60 that totals 22 and with the Bristol Road express route possibly being shelved why do BC need 34 platinums.
The 900 and 957 currently have 18 platinums. So if they do retain there allocation they'd still have 18 wouldn't they?
Its not been confirmed that the Bristol Road express has been shelved has it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk