News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2016, 08:56:49 PM
PN already has one of the lowest average fleet ages and will be gaining yet more nearly new buses, you can't please some folk!

THANK YOU! Someone realising the truth!

Mike K

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 08, 2016, 08:49:13 PM
PMSL, so my comment on 2nd class is right, tell you what BC keep there Platinums and PN can carry on with the buses they have.

The rationale for PN not having new Platinums has already been explained, the new ones have Voith gearboxes and PN already has a sizeable fleet of ZF ones. No garages are having both types.

Relative to fleet size PN must have had one of the largest influx of new or nearly new buses than any other garage over the last 4 years.

karl724223

Quote from: Mike K on September 08, 2016, 09:19:06 PM
The rationale for PN not having new Platinums has already been explained, the new ones have Voith gearboxes and PN already has a sizeable fleet of ZF ones. No garages are having both types.

Relative to fleet size PN must have had one of the largest influx of new or nearly new buses than any other garage over the last 4 years.
that was my point on my post 780

ARBB

And we're having new Electric buses next year too

karl724223

Quote from: pndriver on September 08, 2016, 09:24:31 PM
And we're having new Electric buses next year too
my post 769  branded nine on the four seen at messy hell @pndriver

winston

They have, that's why the have one of lowest average fleet ages across all NXWM garages.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on September 08, 2016, 09:07:12 PM
THANK YOU! Someone realising the truth!

WILL JUST KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT IN FUTURE!!!

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 08, 2016, 09:44:26 PM

No you just couldn't recognise the facts that Stourbridge is hardly a neglected area.

ARBB

Trident 4194

@Tony the combination of the 9 and 002/004 is a quicker route than the x10.
The 9 is most direct route from stoutbridge to bham so surely should receive platinum treatment.
I guess that the mileage is already quite high on the BC platinums, so running them into the ground on the 9 would be a bad idea.
The electric volvos are for the 120.
Stoutbridge isn't as neglected as some areas, we just seem to have the worst buses from enthusiasts point of view.
I'm guessing no more e200s can be purchased?

ARBB

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 09, 2016, 09:13:04 AM
The 9 is most direct route from stoutbridge to bham so surely should receive platinum treatment.
I guess that the mileage is already quite high on the BC platinums, so running them into the ground on the 9 would be a bad idea.
Stoutbridge isn't as neglected as some areas, we just seem to have the worst buses from enthusiasts point of view.

The X10 is an Express route between Birmingham city centre and Halesowen, it is a LOT faster than the 9. It is NOT an express service to merry hill. Passengers have even started waving the 9 past to catch the X10.

Trident 4194

Quote from: pndriver on September 09, 2016, 09:27:45 AM
The X10 is an Express route between Birmingham city centre and Halesowen, it is a LOT faster than the 9. It is NOT an express service to merry hill. Passengers have even started waving the 9 past to catch the X10.

A lot faster?

ARBB

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 09, 2016, 09:13:04 AM

And what about about the waiting time between jumping off a 9 & on to a 002/004. Not to mention that the 3 routes are operated by 3 different operators.

Where are getting the idea from that the electric buses are Volvo from?
1. Volvo currently only supply the 7900 with Volvo bodywork as an electric option, those are vastly different to anything currently oeprated. ADL or Wrightbus would be the most likely suppliers.
2. I doubt even NX Group know what they're ordering for 2017/18 yet, let alone you
3. E200's are still being built as ADL stock up to the end of this year

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 08, 2016, 09:44:26 PM
just stop typing that,ll do nicely stuharris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk