News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Judging by a notice I have seen on the 255 earlier. 126 branding to be green? Surely NX are bored of the 50 shades of green? Would of thought purple would of been  better
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on September 05, 2016, 05:33:13 PM
Judging by a notice I have seen on the 255 earlier. 126 branding to be green? Surely NX are bored of the 50 shades of green? Would of thought purple would of been  better

9 (Hagley Road) branding is green, probably to keep consistent along that corridor

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on September 05, 2016, 05:42:49 PM
9 (Hagley Road) branding is green, probably to keep consistent along that corridor

I understand to keep with the corriders but the 93*s and X51/997E have green too (the numbers in the circles) and 900/957also it's a bit boring. I know it's a colour at the end of the day but the 529 retained its pink branding I feel the different colours gives the route it's identity.

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Winston on September 05, 2016, 05:42:49 PM

I thought because it is a city route, and all the other current city platinum routes have green branding that it may be green, but after seeing the 126 stand in Wolverhampton it had a red roundel with 126 on it.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on September 05, 2016, 05:55:42 PM
I thought because it is a city route, and all the other current city platinum routes have green branding that it may be green, but after seeing the 126 stand in Wolverhampton it had a red roundel with 126 on it.

The 529 stand is the same though. Branding isn't red though.

Mike K

Quote from: Chris on September 05, 2016, 05:33:13 PM

Given this policy of keeping everything along a common corridor in the same colour (albeit different shades) it does seem that it will be more green branding. The 9 used to be purple too, a much smarter colour than the hi-viz green of today.

Assume the 960 will also be green when it's introduced, in keeping with the 900 and 957.

MasterPlan

I'm having trouble getting onto the free WiFi for some reason. It used to be fine.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BK63 YWP

I wonder if nx might retrofit (if that's the word) existing buses to make the platinum brand single dockers aswell like arriva have done with sapphire?

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

I think the uniqueness of platinum is being ruined, I thought they were for express routes. Any old route is getting them now.

I don't really like them either, diamond royales far more comfortable, and I don't recognise the legroom and i have something called 4G??

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 06, 2016, 06:16:54 PM
I think the uniqueness of platinum is being ruined, I thought they were for express routes. Any old route is getting them now.

I don't really like them either, diamond royales far more comfortable, and I don't recognise the legroom and i have something called 4G??
Why should they only be for express/limited stop routes? Plus why do they have to be unique?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on September 06, 2016, 06:19:02 PM
Why should they only be for express/limited stop routes? Plus why do they have to be unique?

How much are platinum spec mmcs compared to normal e400mmc?

BK63 YWP

Diamond royals are comfortable?? Sellotaped seats where vandals have cut them? I slide on the seats and it's a nightmare in the summer when the leather burns you? 4G wow... drains your data and you get FREE WiF on a platinum which could of charged for and usb power, prefer to use free WiFi when I can and save on data. @Trident 4194 I have feeling your just anti national express, hate any vehicle they buy especially the E200s. Royal doesn't exist anymore it's just a diamond with leather seats...

Diamond have got some decent vehicles but they chop and change what the buses look like so you get a multi coloured fleet. That red eclipse urban they have is still red after how many months moving from redditch to tividale?

They could in fairness do a signature brand again they just need to focus on a route eg 16

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

What do you mean by not recognising the leg room

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on September 06, 2016, 06:27:20 PM
Diamond royals are comfortable?? Sellotaped seats where vandals have cut them? I slide on the seats and it's a nightmare in the summer when the leather burns you? 4G wow... drains your data and you get FREE WiF on a platinum which could of charged for and usb power, prefer to use free WiFi when I can and save on data. @Trident 4194 I have feeling your just anti national express, hate any vehicle they buy especially the E200s. Royal doesn't exist anymore it's just a diamond with leather seats...

Diamond have got some decent vehicles but they chop and change what the buses look like so you get a multi coloured fleet. That red eclipse urban they have is still red after how many months moving from redditch to tividale?

They could in fairness do a signature brand again they just need to focus on a route eg 16

I like nx b7rle and just wish that there were more of them, but in 2018 there should be some more. So bring on 2018!! Why didn't nx have full leather seats. I usually sit at the back of the platinum and there is no leather whatsoever there.

I agree that diamond could improve in certain areas, eg there buses can't go up any incline but the e200s are a pathetic excuse for a bus and obviously quite cheap to buy.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 06, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
I like nx b7rle and just wish that there were more of them, but in 2018 there should be some more. So bring on 2018!! Why didn't nx have full leather seats. I usually sit at the back of the platinum and there is no leather whatsoever there.
A bit difficult as the B7RLE went out of production a couple of years ago!

I don't like full leather seats. They are slippy, make you sweat in summer and are cold in winter. I have just driven an E200MMC for two spells of 2 hours with leather drivers seat and ended up with a soaking wet shirt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk