News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

will they have another one on Saturday so those who couldn't make it  like 10- 4

trident4370

Really annoyed I missed it now I know it was 4723 :( looks much better than the current rubbish though,  a bit grey but I suppose it is supposed to look more professional which it certainly does. My only worry is will it look as good on the MMC? Time will tell.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Cheese on November 13, 2014, 07:19:36 AM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 13, 2014, 06:32:30 AM
That is really smart, they could do that on some ALX400s!

...but they probably won't. And why should they?
Because they can use some on branded routes.

The Fox 4846

Nice photos, really want to see it will it be shown at the weekend?

I wonder what routes will have platinum?

Please *modify* your previous post in future to prevent double posting, Winston
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Ronnoc

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 13, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
My views are the 50, 45/47, 61/63, 900, 74, 87, 900, 957, 529, 51, most of the Aston Expressway routes and the 97. Mainly the routes that have branding could maybe get it.

winston

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 13, 2014, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 13, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
My views are the 50, 45/47, 61/63, 900, 74, 87, 900, 957, 529, 51, most of the Aston Expressway routes and the 97. Mainly the routes that have branding.

Your views will be incorrect then, there's a list on the Centro website of which roads/routes are becoming 'Gold Corridors' & most likely destinations for some/all the 'Platinum' buses

You'd need 158 buses to do that lot.....

Liberator9

Looking at the photos it looks really good - smart livery and like the use of red, silver and grey.

The Fox 4846

Where on centro is the list?

winston

The Fox 4846

Liberator9

I see that the improvements shall be delivered by 2015 - with the Warwick Road being mentioned does that mean that the 37 shall receive new buses next year? As TWM/NX decided to convert the route single deck back in 2007, for vandalism issues, wonder if they will still keep it single deck? Enviro 200MMCs? Or will they refurbish the Scanias into the new grey/silver livery. I could see that working - would save them from refurbishment later on and with a new interior fitted, no one would notice the difference. ]]

My other question is - is what is going to happen to 4723 now? Will it keep the livery and work at YW as it used to?

- Tank 90 - I agree - it does look like the Signature livery in a way.

tank90

This is a great looking livery, it brings a sense of Signature livery to things which is a good thing.

And it looks like you could change it to go where ever you want it too. Platinum and the lower Red band could be light blue or cobalt blue for Coventry and for Dundee saltire blue (as I think Dundee should be Saltire blue anyway to reflect the fact they are Scottish).

AS for the main livery taking bits from the platinum and current livery would work well and maybe liveries of old. Maybe change the mid grey for a silvery white and keep the the rest or go down a new road as too define a new look but as this would be counter productive due to the fact youve just got most of the fleet into the dealer red front dip livery there is not  much of a point just yet.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

The Fox 4846

What's happening to 4723?
Is it going to BC or staying at YW?
If it's going to BC then will some other 472* buses join it?

Tony

To answer a few questions, If you missed it today, you've missed it. I took it back to Walsall to be painted Red & White.

When I left Snow Hill with it I took the directors back to Bordesley garage in it, then drove it around Digbeth 3 times for the Press office to get some photos and then back via Moor Street Queensway, Miller Street and Walsall town centre to Walsall garage, during all the time I was driving it I didn't see any enthusiasts photograph it which is quite amazing considering where I drove it.

It is the aim that only new buses will carry this livery, of which 58 will be delivered next year.

The MD did tell the press today that these 58 buses are in addition to the agreement with Centro for 600 new buses in five years, so it looks like 658 new buses at least

TinnedPeaches

I really like it. It looks very smart. Yes it's mostly grey, but there's something slightly reminiscent of the old Tracline livery - which makes me smile.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk