News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

What garages is getting more new buses in 2015

Started by leewhayward29, October 05, 2014, 06:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Solo1

Quote from: leewhayward29 on October 05, 2014, 06:32:48 PM
What new buses is going where in 2015
I think it's a bit early to ask as I don't think it's been decided yet but others on here may know

Liberator9

I swear that somewhere on this forum it was mentioned new Enviro 400MMCs would be going to BC for the 900 and 957, and WA as well for the 51. It's about time though that Yardley Wood and Acocks Green got some buses now - none since late 2009/2010 now. They've been left out so far of the fleet changes - PB, WB, PE, WN, CV and BC have all received some new buses over the last two years.

winston

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 05, 2014, 08:45:56 PM
I swear that somewhere on this forum it was mentioned new Enviro 400MMCs would be going to BC for the 900 and 957, and WA as well for the 51. It's about time though that Yardley Wood and Acocks Green got some buses now - none since late 2009/2010 now. They've been left out so far of the fleet changes - PB, WB, PE, WN, CV and BC have all received some new buses over the last two years.

I think both AG & YW will get some new buses from the next 175 due during 2015 to replace some/all of their Presidents. I reckon the 50 @ YW will get a new fleet.

Rob H

AG's last new buses were in 2012 (B7RLE's 2099-2121) for the 71 & 72 ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Liberator9

Sorry! Completely forgot about the Eclipse 2s!!!  :D Take that back for AG then. I just hope if YW do get some new buses during 2015 they occur by July time, before I finish my final year of school, so I get a few runs on the 76 with them to/from school  ;)

domino.99

I thought WN were getting some E400MMC for the 126.

trident4370

Liberator9

Love it when this begins to happen: my predictions are:

Enviro 400MMCs for BC - 900/957
Enviro 400MMCs for WA - 51/X51
Enviro 400MMCs for WN - 126 (would make full sense - it's due an upgrade)

Then some sort of Enviro single decker to replace the remaining Wright Liberators and Mercedes 0-405s. I'm hoping it would be the Enviro 300s that would replace them, which having been on, seem better than the Enviro 200s. Although there is meant to be a revamp of the Enviro 200 due this month I saw online.

monkeyjoe

After complaining by email to P coates I got a response that the precious 94 is going to receive an up grade of "newer" vehicles next year. What ever that means.

trident4370

Maybe the 900/957 cast offs, assuming the rumours regarding those routes are true and the PVR adds up. Personally I think replacing 2 year old buses is a bit much...

Sayeed

Here the few sources from employees about the new buses
Quote from: P419 EJW on August 15, 2014, 09:19:29 PM
Okay, I visited to the exhibition today. If I could input the criticism... I was a bit disappointed to find out that not many employees in NX who have volunteered to take part do not have much knowledge of E400MMC. (I understand they were there just for promotion or whatever but, come on. A bit of knowledge would be nice.) I sort of expected a person there who has good knowledge so people (like myself) who have questions about the bus can have good answers rather than "I don't know, sorry." I get that reply from 5 persons, I asked them individually "Why are you here, then?" It sounds harsh, I admit, but I expect a person or two there having good knowledge or information ready to say/give. I was walking around and approached to a guy, had a chat with him, it seemed he had adequate knowledge about where E400MMCs would go, when will they come, etc. It seems to me that one person out of 15(?) people knew this information.

I was told by someone that a person asked the NX employee "What's the recruitment process?", the response was "I don't know." Like, seriously?

On a positive note, I must say I really like the new E400MMC, having to look at it in my own eyes. As mentioned, they are planned to go on X51, 900, 957. Apparently, I have been told by this guy that 45 E400MMCs will come next year.

Quote from: ####
I know X51/997 is due new buses in January so will be interesting to
See what goes then.
Век живи - век учись

Ben

I swear that somewhere on this forum it was mentioned new Enviro 400MMCs would be going to BC for the 900 and 957
Please no. I like the 49xx Enviro's.

P419 EJW

Quote from: NXDom on October 05, 2014, 09:05:38 PM
I thought WN were getting some E400MMC for the 126.

Who told you this? I have not heard anything about 126 or WN garage getting E400MMCs.

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 05, 2014, 09:14:11 PM
Love it when this begins to happen: my predictions are:

Enviro 400MMCs for BC - 900/957
Enviro 400MMCs for WA - 51/X51

Enviro 400MMCs for WN - 126 (would make full sense - it's due an upgrade)

Then some sort of Enviro single decker to replace the remaining Wright Liberators and Mercedes 0-405s. I'm hoping it would be the Enviro 300s that would replace them, which having been on, seem better than the Enviro 200s. Although there is meant to be a revamp of the Enviro 200 due this month I saw online.

BC prediction is correct. WA prediction is half-correct, it will be for 997 and X51 because they will interwork soon.

--

I personally don't think the 126 will get the upgrade soon. It's fine with the variety of single and double deckers.

Ronnoc

If they came to YW then my prediction is that they will be in the 50.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk