News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Old Hednesford routes (950/951/952/953)

Started by Alex, September 25, 2014, 07:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Bit off a question here, but from what i can see on maps, was the 952 the B'ham to Hednesford to only one way and the 953 did the return journey or did both go from B'ham-Hednesford and back?
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Westy

953 was a one way journey from Rugeley.

Think 952 only went as far as Hednesford on the return journey.

How come there wasn't a return journey to Rugeley?

Bob

Ahhhh the days before arriva had their crap monopoly

Tony

Quote from: Westy on September 25, 2014, 07:51:12 PM

There was. There was a forth variant right up until at least 2001, the 950, which carried on right past Rugeley and terminated in Brereton

Westy

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2014, 09:07:34 PM
Quote from: Westy on September 25, 2014, 07:51:12 PM

There was. There was a forth variant right up until at least 2001, the 950, which carried on right past Rugeley and terminated in Brereton

Ah the 950.

That was supposed to stop at every stop north of Walsall into Staffordshire unlike the other 95* services,  as it replaced the 350 during the peaks & continued to Birmingham.

I remember making several complaints to West Midlands Travel as was about it not stopping at my stop at Nursery Road despite it being advertised to do so on the timetable leaflet!

Even got a headed letter back from someone apologising!

As an aside,  anyone remember a few years back the brief diversion of the X51 down through Leamore shops / Bloxwich Road rather than Somerfield Road / Green Lane?

Wumpty

Can we include the old 301 Hednesford - Walsall - Dudley?

Whilst the Timesavers served the second city, the 301 was one of the best multi-town cross county routes around linking the heart of the Black Country with the top of Cannock Chase.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Didnt the 301 have its routes in the first ever walsall corporation motor bus route between walsall and Hednesford?  Sad that patronage has been decimated by the train to the point where there is no bus apart from sundays!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk