News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Point of the 97P service

Started by Dutsey, September 11, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

As I work at the Birmingham Business Park, I thought I would hop down to Chelmsley Wood on me lunch and I noticed the following bus route

97A
97P

What is the point of the 97P said Pine Square but I assumed that this was the terminus for the 97 anyway?

Sh4318

Quote from: Dutsey on September 11, 2014, 03:07:20 PM
As I work at the Birmingham Business Park, I thought I would hop down to Chelmsley Wood on me lunch and I noticed the following bus route

97A
97P

What is the point of the 97P said Pine Square but I assumed that this was the terminus for the 97 anyway?

I think the 97P is a short working, so it doesn't serve the loop and terminates at Pine Square. I think
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JB93

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 11, 2014, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: Dutsey on September 11, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

97A
97P

Yeah that's right, it just terminates at Pine Square then turns round and goes back, missing out the loop of the housing estates.

I think the 97P is a short working, so it doesn't serve the loop and terminates at Pine Square. I think

The Real 4778

LOL - how appropriate, in rail terminology

the code PINE means Train terminates short of destination
Don't you start.

CL

'Dutsey', I hope i'm not being rude by saying that some of your threads would be better if you use the Questions part of the forum. :) But seeing as it is NXWM related, im sure its fine in this section.

anyway, speaking of various 97 routes, does the 97 City Centre Loop still operate? And I hav asked before but where does it go from Priory Queensway?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

JB93

Quote from: clayderman on September 11, 2014, 05:09:17 PM
'Dutsey', I hope i'm not being rude by saying that some of your threads would be better if you use the Questions part of the forum. :) But seeing as it is NXWM related, im sure its fine in this section.

anyway, speaking of various 97 routes, does the 97 City Centre Loop still operate? And I hav asked before but where does it go from Priory Queensway?

To my knowledge there's never been a 97 city centre loop

Tony

Quote from: JB93 on September 11, 2014, 05:14:20 PM

To my knowledge there's never been a 97 city centre loop

Correct. The 97 is also the only service that didn't move bus stop in the massive City Centre upheaval a couple of years ago, although one of the Harborne services will be in almost the same spot as all there services were merged onto that one current stop

Stu

http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B097b

Turns right from Moor Street Queensway onto Park Street, coming back out under Moor Street Station.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk