News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

26TH OCTOBER SERVICE CHANGES

Started by gc802002, September 05, 2014, 02:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

i think the 69 should come off Coppice Farm and be replaced with the 41
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

leewhayward29

The 28 and 41 should be on coppice farm
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

JB93

I wonder what the route change to the 966 is going to be? Will it just be something to do with a different road in the Airport?

Kevin

oh dear god I've just spotted the route change for the 966....
When are they going to stop pretending it's a route worthy of a 9xx number? Because to me it harks back to the days when it was a bona fide exoress, now it goes right round the wrekin between Erdington and Chelmsley, genuinely would be quicker for anyone on that route to get a bus all the way to town and a 900 to the airport
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Im happy to see the (WB)89 has been rerouted to serve St Pauls Rd again (instead of Oldbury Rd), St Paul's Rd now has a direct service to Oldbury again, it was ridiculous to send the 89 down the Oldbury Rd in the first place
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

The 1 & 2 from Cannock are going to have 'faster journey times'. Cant really see how they can do that?

Totally agree with you sh4318 some sanity has returned. It's still a ridiculous route going round in circles. Love it when people get on from city/Dudley road, do you go smethwick high street, oh yes I reply, when the bus does a u turn at victoria park they can't get off fast enough, those that stay till high street say never again. How I chuckle inside.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on September 26, 2014, 10:43:29 AM
Totally agree with you sh4318 some sanity has returned. It's still a ridiculous route going round in circles. Love it when people get on from city/Dudley road, do you go smethwick high street, oh yes I reply, when the bus does a u turn at victoria park they can't get off fast enough, those that stay till high street say never again. How I chuckle inside.

It's my main bus to Birmingham - when I catch the bus that is. That was such a pointless route change. If anything it just makes the route longer. I used to laugh to myself when people used to board at Blue Gates asking if the bus went to Birmingham, often times the driver didn't say that it would take over half an hour to get there

I use to explain to customers the route would go through londerry queens head first most just ignored my comments to catch the 87 for a direct route, what really irritates me these customers would keep coming to me when are we getting to the high street,how much longer drive, are u sure u is going to da high st that type thing. I simply just give up keep me mouth shut. 
Surely there must be a better way of doing this route.
IMO 88 was great route compared to this debacle we call 89, towards the end the 88 running time had been sorted out it became reliable when chopped to blackheath then the powers that be go and scrap it.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on September 26, 2014, 11:34:34 AM
I use to explain to customers the route would go through londerry queens head first most just ignored my comments to catch the 87 for a direct route, what really irritates me these customers would keep coming to me when are we getting to the high street,how much longer drive, are u sure u is going to da high st that type thing. I simply just give up keep me mouth shut. 
Surely there must be a better way of doing this route.
IMO 88 was great route compared to this debacle we call 89, towards the end the 88 running time had been sorted out it became reliable when chopped to blackheath then the powers that be go and scrap it.

The 88 was a great route. The frequency cuts to every 30 minutes on Saturday and every 30 minutes during evening peaks signalled the end of it. I remember during the evening seeing buses heading to Birmingham from Londonderry, Queens Head empty. Saying that, buses coming the other way were usually jam packed. I do like the 89, but I miss the 88

monkeyjoe

Looks like the 966 will serve the new development in Smiths wood.

lynx1103

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 27, 2014, 08:08:31 AM

The 966 once a proper Timesaver Route.

Westy

Quote from: lynx1103 on September 27, 2014, 08:26:23 AM

Too right.

Great for a run from Walsall to the Airport!

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on September 27, 2014, 09:58:58 AM

Too right.

Exactly what I mean, now the route it takes is mental, and yet it still has the same number and uses full size deckers!
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: Westy on September 27, 2014, 09:58:58 AM

Too right.

Exactly what I mean, now the route it takes is mental, and yet it still has the same number and uses full size deckers!

Reminiscing used to gather sound decent speed going down the Collector Road, especially before the cameras.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk