News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS

Started by JIM C, September 03, 2014, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM C

Are we seeing an end to Birmingham registrations with the last batch registered in Yorkshire and Scotland .IE YY and SN .plates

Stuharris 6360

Think so, with the closer of the local Birmingham DVLA office i think the days of the B registration may now be over, sadly!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Don't Volvo have a main UK stock base near Coventry. Plus there is also EvoBus...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ex BC driver

Levantes are now being registered with Birmingham marks, however I'm sure Caetano is based in Leicester

ross4122

Lothian's new Volvo 7900H are on BT14 plates.

Eric Shaw

I've seen several BX64 cars on the road. This puzzles me, if the Birmingham office has closed.

Mike K

Quote from: Eric Shaw on September 04, 2014, 07:44:39 PM
I've seen several BX64 cars on the road. This puzzles me, if the Birmingham office has closed.

All the regional registration prefixes still exist and so any car registered by a West Midlands dealership will have a B_64 plate (this can include BX which wasn't reserved solely for DVLA local office registrations). As all local offices including Birmingham have closed, and NXWM buses used to be registered through the local office, they are now being registered through the manufacturer. That's how I understand it anyway.

But as far as new car registrations go, not a lot has changed.

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on September 04, 2014, 07:44:39 PM

All local offices have closed and the DVLA issue registrations centrally using the letters from where the application comes from in the country, so all vehicles registered by dealers in the West Midlands will have Bx nn xxx registrations.

The reason most bus companies have stopped having local registrations is it is more complicated now to apply for registrations, so it is easier for them to let the dealers do it

Mike K

If you take a look at 14 and 64 plate deliveries elsewhere, whilst most ADL vehicles are now carrying Yx or Sx prefixes, there are still some with local plates. New Arriva deliveries in particular, including ADL vehicles, tend to have local plates.

Ronnoc

I might be wrong but 4363 has the wrong number plate at the front, it says BX02 AVV.

The Real 4778

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 16, 2014, 03:51:01 PM
I might be wrong but 4363 has the wrong number plate at the front, it says BX02 AVV.

Not according to the photos on this site, it doesn't.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk