News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses Festival 2015 - Sunday 23rd August

Started by Rob H, August 26, 2014, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

I'll be going with my Mom and Dad

http://www.busesfestival.com/

Title edited to save confusion - LS
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

PM

Sadly working but this looks a good event! :)

AndrewLee

Missed loads of bus days over the last few weeks due to work and family commitments but I really fancy going to this on Sunday. Can't get on to the website for some reason so could anybody give me some info about the venue? Is there an entrance fee? Car parking arrangements? Thank you in advance for any replies.

trident4370

£12 Adult entry including a programme. The website recommends entering "Heritage Motor Centre" into a satnav rather than a postcode for some reason. Can't see any mention of a car park but if they are giving sat nav instructions there must be some arrangement surely?

AndrewLee

Cheers mate. Have you been there before? Is it a good day out? My missus says I get enough of buses at work - good job she's working Sunday lol

trident4370

Haha Nah I haven't, I think it is the first every show although I went to Showbus last year which wasn't a bad day out, can't imagine this being much different!

AndrewLee

Think I'm gonna try getting down there then. Make a change from BC garage ;)

trident4370

It's certainly a change of scenery if nothing else ;)

CL

Who's going this year then? I'd like to go, but £44 for a family of 6 (given we've paid for individuals) seem quite steep. Although it does seem like a nice opportunity for a day out in Warwickshire. (Prices below are ADVANCE tickets)

Adults:  £10
Children: £6

I better start saving up then...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

D10

Quote from: clayderman on February 12, 2015, 11:27:45 PM

Who's going this year then? I'd like to go, but £44 for a family of 6 (given we've paid for individuals) seem quite steep. Although it does seem like a nice opportunity for a day out in Warwickshire. (Prices below are ADVANCE tickets)

I shall go unless something else comes up.

As for admission prices, when you consider that you get to look round the Heritage Motor Centre, it's not that expensive I guess. Plus the setting is in a nice place for a picnic (weather permitting) and a few bus trips round the South Warwickshire countryside too!

CL

Quote from: D10 on February 13, 2015, 09:09:22 PM
Quote from: clayderman on February 12, 2015, 11:27:45 PM

I shall go unless something else comes up.

As for admission prices, when you consider that you get to look round the Heritage Motor Centre, it's not that expensive I guess. Plus the setting is in a nice place for a picnic (weather permitting) and a few bus trips round the South Warwickshire countryside too!

I suppose you're right. It is cheaper, and more fun for us enthusiasts, than say - Drayton Manor. I shall definitely consider this then. Assuming I've saved up enough for this, which should be a doddle - I will certainly try to persuade my parents to go, for sure.

P.S. 'On the door' prices looks as if admission is £2 more than if you purchase it online beforehand.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Justin Tyme

Last year's event was good, helped by excellent weather.  There were several buses providing free rides within the site and beyond - without trying hard I managed 5 rides on vehicles old and new.

There was a free regular bus service from Leamington railway station last year, operated by Stagecoach Unibus Enviro 400s, so it was easily doable by public transport as well as by car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk