News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Green Borismaster - New Bus For Leeds

Started by winston, July 20, 2014, 12:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

CL

Doesn't look as if it's Photoshopped. Could it be?!?!?! lol :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on July 21, 2014, 08:17:04 PM
Doesn't look as if it's Photoshopped. Could it be?!?!?! lol :)

The green is genuine, but it could also be the base for an advert, like the black adidas ones

Stuharris 6360

Good to see LT 2 back in the country, was last used in London on 19/02/13.

Will be interesting to see which company it goes back to, was an Arriva bus before it left.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

I thought the 'Borismasters' were exclusively for use in London, thus other operators round the country couldn't have them?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on July 21, 2014, 08:52:14 PM
I thought the 'Borismasters' were exclusively for use in London, thus other operators round the country couldn't have them?

Thats right!

I should have said which other London bus company will get LT2 when it returns to London.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 21, 2014, 09:01:07 PM

Thats right!

I should have said which other London bus company will get LT2 when it returns to London.

The last list I saw said it was due to return to Arriva for the 38

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Thats right!

I did wonder as Ash Grove have just LT 4, 5, 6 & 7 for the 38 which are quite often all used, so an extra LT or 2 would be useful.

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Thats right!

This was posted on another forum:

Hey guys

Was with work and we drive past the First Bus garage in Hunslet and driving round the yard was what looked like a green Boris bus (no idea what they're actually called). Anybody got anymore info on this?

Cheers

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/transport-giant-reveals-alternative-to-leeds-trolleybus-scheme-1-6430110

CL

Russ Smith

What I don't think First understand, is that the trolleybus up Headingley Lane is proposed because of lack of current road space. Not the quality of the vehicles - most of us are students and don't really care about what we're travelling on, how can these magic green buses cut through the traffic on existing infrastructure? Even for extensions across the city - the same thing. We have plenty of new buses up here, it's the infrastructure we need, not new buses.

CL

Quote from: Russ Smith on August 15, 2014, 10:45:31 PM
What I don't think First understand, is that the trolleybus up Headingley Lane is proposed because of lack of current road space. Not the quality of the vehicles - most of us are students and don't really care about what we're travelling on, how can these magic green buses cut through the traffic on existing infrastructure? Even for extensions across the city - the same thing. We have plenty of new buses up here, it's the infrastructure we need, not new buses.

Well, you know. It's clearly a 'game' (if you will) of whether this'll work or not. If so, then Borismasters for Leeds. If not, then it's a continuation of the trolleybus scheme. Someone correct me.

domino.99

I doubt it's for leeds considering the blind has tfl on.

winston

Quote from: NXDom on August 25, 2014, 09:52:22 PM
I doubt it's for leeds considering the blind has tfl on.

They are not the latest pictures. It is 6 months evaluation with First in Leeds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk