News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

350/3s to enter service.......

Started by Tony, July 18, 2014, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

But not with London Midland!

Two of the three units currently in store at Crewe are to go on loan to Transpennine

tphi12000

Tony when do they start with LM ?
Tony

Tony

Quote from: tphi12000 on July 18, 2014, 07:47:42 PM

December hopefully, they are different enough from the 350/1 & 350/2 for all LM staff to need 2 days training on them. They are the same as 350/4 (driving wise, I know the interiors are different) so no problem for Transpennine drivers who are already trained on them. The Trent Valley stoppers are going every 30 minutes on saturday mornings from December so hopefully they may turn up on them

JIM H

350373/4 reported in service with FTP today. 350375 reported as arrived at Nothampton this morning from Dollands Moor.

andy

Well some of them must be entering service with LM prior to December as staff briefings are already underway and in many cases completed.

Allegedly there is an ongoing dispute between LM and Siemens regarding excess mileage payments on the 350/1's which is hindering the handover of the new units.

mikestone

I would not be at all surprised that there is some kind of financial dispute - the proofs of the NRT had one additional service from the timetable change and others from September, which disappeared prior to publication

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2014, 07:53:54 PM

December hopefully, they are different enough from the 350/1 & 350/2 for all LM staff to need 2 days training on them. They are the same as 350/4 (driving wise, I know the interiors are different) so no problem for Transpennine drivers who are already trained on them. The Trent Valley stoppers are going every 30 minutes on saturday mornings from December so hopefully they may turn up on them
;
LM services from December are on opentraintimes now and as far as I can see the only additional train on Saturday morning is a 07.18 Crewe-Euston

Tony

6th October is now looking a likely date for the first 3 to enter service with LM. They will initially be on diagrams that start and finish at Northampton, and I don't think they are due to get to New Street, but one is scheduled to do th 07:46 Euston-Crewe which is 09:25 at Rugeley Trent Valley and the 11:02 Crewe to Euston, 12:05 at Rugeley Trent Valley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk