News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wrightbus volvo b6le

Started by 2900, July 16, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on July 16, 2014, 01:56:06 PM
Ex travel Dundee 116/7/8/9 was called jock Nessie haggis and kilt at pensnett

I used to call them heaps of junk!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Some great nick names for the b6le,s

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on July 16, 2014, 10:47:40 AM
As a passenger  I always try to get the seat next to the rear emergency exit great legroom there, I agree that most other seats on the raised section legroom is tight  , the seat over the rear left wheel hump is ridiculous  knees up in your chest not good.

Best seat is the one in the 'lower' section on the nearside after the buggy zone, loads of legroom there!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

I think the rear seating was more adequate, can't say I know the B6's too well. Only ever rode on it once or twice to and from school on the 636 (now 99)... Is it bad that I miss these on the 99?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

I liked some of the names the PE staff gave them, like "the Screaming Ca"t and "The Pensnett pushchair Carrier".

I always say the best seat on a merc is the one by the front exit...so in the event of fire, easy to get off!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 16, 2014, 10:51:09 PM
I liked some of the names the PE staff gave them, like "the Screaming Ca"t and "The Pensnett pushchair Carrier".

I always say the best seat on a merc is the one by the front exit...so in the event of fire, easy to get off!

Screaming cat was me, not someone from Pensnett.

Stevo

We always get to like types as they're on the way out. The B6 would have been a good bus with the Dart engine and gearbox. I used to ride in AG's B6s on the 38 from the airport and while you waited for departure the vibration from the engine felt as if it would shake your brain loose. They were reasonably smooth once under way, but I got the impression they weren't too reliable.

Ally

I've never had the experience of a step entrance B6, but I've always had a soft spot for the B6LE!
I do prefer them on the ALX200 body if I'm honest, but the Wright ones aren't far behind! Would have them any day over the new Enviro 200s which are about just as powerless with these gearboxes they stick in them...
I'll definitely miss them when they're all gone, we've already lost them in Coventry & Warwickshire :(
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

534 turned up round my end the other evening on me way to my local , driver was not best pleased his face was a picture the dashboard bonging away plus the heat, so not good. Dodgy electrics again I suspect.

564 is the bus being canabalised at west brom currently parked in front of traffic office.

P419 EJW

Quote from: 2900 on July 20, 2014, 10:29:38 AM
564 is the bus being canabalised at west brom currently parked in front of traffic office.

That's sad. :( I remember when 564 used to be at Walsall. Its' indicator sound was perfect, a nice beep sound. Glad I had a last ride when it was on 45 a while ago.

Just can't believe the B6 wipeout is finally happening. They were my childhood bus and will be greatly missed. At least I have fond memories!

richie

There was quite a few named at PN we had a couple from cov they were Phoenix and lady Godiva also the best ones we had at the time

Ashley

554 was the Penznett pushchair carrier but I named it the snug as it was always warm in the winter

I think I posted my list of names but if I didn't then here's a few I came up with

508 - the old'un
524 - groaner
534 - the beast
554 - the snug
555 - not sure who's claiming acooby doo
586 - rattlebox
598 - Fred
600 - the power
620 and 582 - canal barges
626 - oasis
633 - sloth
638 - slippery gears or just SHED
639 - step up
677 - solider on

I cant think off the top of my head of the names of B6's from the past but i do know 648 was the dulux bus

Enjoyed the past few years of this type, I grew up with Excels but I do and will miss both types

I may be wrong volvo no longer produce a midi bus chassis as far I can see, from what I,ve read in the past the b6le was hastily designed in response to the dart. Imagine what they could if they set about it properly, I reckon they missing out on a key segment in this bus sector. As I understand it the street lite is a complete Wrightbus design from I,ve read no volvo input.

Alex

Quote from: Ashley on September 03, 2014, 08:26:30 AM
554 was the Penznett pushchair carrier but I named it the snug as it was always warm in the winter

I think I posted my list of names but if I didn't then here's a few I came up with

508 - the old'un
524 - groaner
534 - the beast
554 - the snug
555 - not sure who's claiming acooby doo
586 - rattlebox
598 - Fred
600 - the power
620 and 582 - canal barges
626 - oasis
633 - sloth
638 - slippery gears or just SHED
639 - step up
677 - solider on

I cant think off the top of my head of the names of B6's from the past but i do know 648 was the dulux bus

Enjoyed the past few years of this type, I grew up with Excels but I do and will miss both types

586 is, in my opinion, the worst B6 at WN, as it, and 582, tend to appear on my 25 in the morning, I know how loud and uncomfortable it is, although it was worse when I caught it on the 25 from Wolves bus station to Bilston, good god, it shook about. I didn't really grow up with B6's as the first time I remember one in Willenhall, was about 2004, when they and B10B's were allocated to the 333. I always liked the Excels better, as they couldn't half get some speed on, on the Cannock Rd, when the 528 went down there
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk