News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Ronnoc on June 21, 2024, 10:47:06 AMThe BYD is shorter and the standing space seems pretty similar to the MMC platinums, doesn't look like it can compensate the loss of 8 seats.

If NX were to buy electroliners, I'd be slightly worried about seating capacity considering they are 10.6m.

The standing capacity is calculated on the Gross weight that the axles can carry, minus the weight of the Vehicle where all the seats are occupied (they use an average weight per passenger to calculate this figure). 

That's why the B7RLEs are certified to carry more than 50 standees, even though it wouldn't physically be possible.

ZF B7

4487 - Always overjoyed when I get to drive a B7TL, and this is no exception.  Had it on peak time 87s, was full with standing.  This bus has a reputation amongst some drivers as being painfully slow when taking off. That was generally the case, but it was especially bad on inclines and when it was full with standing. Can be frightening to get it across a very busy roundabout, an absolute nightmare on Springhill roundabout heading to city which is very busy and on a slope.

danny

From what I was reading in the withdrawn section of the forum alot of people seem to think the 130 Wright Electroliner's have been ordered, however only article I can find online purely speculated this. Would certainly add variety to the fleet if true. 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

A rumour going round next year NXWM will put out to tender evening and sunday buses, they hope to win the contracts from TFWM,  if that makes sense.
The way I see it NXG wants government funding to keep running WM buses.
Could some one could post a link or general info  to the tender process please , just curious how they go about it.

ZF B7

6804 - A pleasure to drive. This sounds a bit different and nicer to the 68 and 19 reg MMCs that I'm used to. The idle is similar to the ZF MMC, very chuggy and gorgeous sounding! The pedals on it feel quite different too, a bit harder or something. Steering wheel is brand new! Makes a big difference. Very quick too, climbed City Road with ease

Quote from: ZF B7 on July 24, 2024, 10:09:35 AM6804 - A pleasure to drive. This sounds a bit different and nicer to the 68 and 19 reg MMCs that I'm used to. The idle is similar to the ZF MMC, very chuggy and gorgeous sounding! The pedals on it feel quite different too, a bit harder or something. Steering wheel is brand new! Makes a big difference. Very quick too, climbed City Road with ease
might have a ZF gearbox as the 19 plates  have voith , last few days i've had the 68 plate plantinums they seem better than the 19 plate examples 

Jack

Quote from: 2900 on July 24, 2024, 10:24:46 AMmight have a ZF gearbox as the 19 plates  have voith , last few days i've had the 68 plate plantinums they seem better than the 19 plate examples
16/66 plates are Voith.

ZF B7

6804 - I'll have to review this again because it's quite different from last time. Lacked power today, especially when taking off. Driven a few of the 66 plate transfers and whilst they sound a lot nicer than the 68 & 19 plates, most seem to be tired and slow.

B.C Driver

Quote from: ZF B7 on September 06, 2024, 10:31:08 PM6804 - I'll have to review this again because it's quite different from last time. Lacked power today, especially when taking off. Driven a few of the 66 plate transfers and whilst they sound a lot nicer than the 68 & 19 plates, most seem to be tired and slow.
Yep. Those 8 years up and down the Expressway and the 400,000+ miles have taken their toll...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Quote from: ZF B7 on September 06, 2024, 10:31:08 PM6804 - I'll have to review this again because it's quite different from last time. Lacked power today, especially when taking off. Driven a few of the 66 plate transfers and whilst they sound a lot nicer than the 68 & 19 plates, most seem to be tired and slow.
I agree, last time I drove it pissed me off no end engine revs away just what seems like an age for the transmission to turn the wheels.
On the 66 plates they have floor mounted door controls annoying ,when getting into cab sometimes I catch that pedal and the doors close fortunately no one has been trapped in the doors,  68/19 plates don't have this feature, prefer the more floor space to rest your left foot.

ZF B7

Also noticed that annoying and to be frank stupid floor mounted door control. Cabs on platinums are like tiny cubicles, the thing just takes up much needed space, and I was also caught out by it a couple of times. But whilst 6804 is slow it sounds incredibly gorgeous! I'd take it over a quick but boring 69 plate.

4964 - Significantly improved since the last time I drove it. Still jolty at times but at least it doesn't struggle half as much

andyr

Just travelled on WN2010 Dicky Dodd. Despite her recent respray into grey her near side already has flakey paint and looking tired.
That is the last of the negatives,  interior clean warm and welcoming and a very smart and professional driver. 9.5 out of 10. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk