News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

I've driven 4061 recently on the 11C, and I have to say, it is a very nice vehicle to drive, surprisingly! Everything felt so smooth on it. The drive, the steering, the brakes. It wasn't a slow one. Kept up with 4673 at the Drews Lane lights in Bromford (one in each lane, proper drag!)

I think the 406* series are definitely better, though logically it doesn't make sense as they would have been the same from new! Maybe they've been maintained better lol.

The engine at idle was especially quiet which is a good thing, and the door interlock was perfect. Activated after the doors have been opened, and deactivates as soon as you hit the close button! Perfect, no delay!

Also have had 4652 & 4656 recently. No complaints, lovely vehicles. Actually wait, 4656's drivers seat didn't seem to have as much play in the adjustment, but that's minor!

4524 is another good one, I've had that a good few times recently. The cooling fans love to roar on this one, especially when it echoes on tighter roads with tall buildings! (Bradford Street).

I haven't really had any nails. The only two that I actively do not like at the moment are 4038 & 4639.

trident4370

Out of pure curiosity MW have you had either 4039, 4059 or 4063 yet? They are probably my favourites of the AG bunch and I just wondered if they were as nice to drive as they are for an enthusiast!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: trident4370 on July 15, 2015, 12:28:42 AM
Out of pure curiosity MW have you had either 4039, 4059 or 4063 yet? They are probably my favourites of the AG bunch and I just wondered if they were as nice to drive as they are for an enthusiast!

I've been on 4063 and it was best Plaxton I've had the pleasure of riding ! I could have sworn I was on a Gemini many a time I was on it.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

trident4370

Yeah 4089 and 4063 are probably the best two in the entire WM fleet from an enthusiasts point of view, I sometimes wish 4089 was at AG just so I could have it on the 11  :P

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on July 15, 2015, 12:28:42 AM

Yep I've had 4063. That ones bang on aswell.

4060 is another good one. They just feel quicker and more "alive" than the others!

trident4370

Doesn't surprise me somehow, will be a great shame when the decent lot are all gone :(

BK63 YWP

Quote from: MW on July 15, 2015, 10:00:39 AM
Yep I've had 4063. That ones bang on aswell.

4060 is another good one. They just feel quicker and more "alive" than the others!

I had 4060 yesterday on the 1 from acocks green to broad street and it felt like it was going quicker than other presidents.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

4495 wrightbus Gemini B7TL Volvo

A loan bus from perrybarr garage
Recent refurb still looking good exterior wise, cab had a new steering wheel all ways a good idea, the cab seat oh dear trimmed in nasty vinyl trim simply awful, you become glued to it in hot weather so not pleasant, please change for drivers sake honestly.
To drive the chassis was excellent very smooth in all areas for the first 20mins soon as the coolers came on that kind of spoilt a nice drive with it blaring away, to me personally I find the engine loses power with those fans cause it doesn't feel as responsive after that. The gearbox would be jerky on occasions. The ride from suspension very good indeed. Brakes did require a bit of effort to stop without jerking.
Body wise the saloon doors rattled a fair bit annoyingly otherwise ok

Engine all good smooth
Gearbox can be jerky at times
Retarder good
Brakes required some effort to stop smoothly
Suspension all good

Overall it's got the makings to be an excellent bus if the mentioned issues were to be sorted
5/10

Engine: all good smooth

4740 ADL enviro 400 trident 2

This bus is very similar to my earlier post on 4738 only differences it rattles more from above drivers cab.

4739 this bus no way as good as 4738 to drive most areas had issues, so not a fan of this trident2

MW

4662, not sure if I've commented on this one before, but it's up there as one of my favourites. It feels like one of the more quicker Geminis, with pretty much everything spot on for me!

4511 however. This is one I've always wanted to drive, well for years I've wanted to anyway. This Gemini is not very good unfortunately. It rattles so much, that I had to accelerate slightly when still, just to reduce the vibration! It's also another one without kickdown, and doesn't seem to shoot off like 4662. I'm not sure why so many 45**s don't have kickdown, when others do. The brakes on 4511 are pretty sharp too! It's also got a new steering wheel.

So far, the best Gemini out of the 45**s is by far 4523. Then probably 4512 seeing as it's heaters actually blow hot hair when needed!

trident4370

I photoed 4511 this morning at around 9:55 in Stirchley... On the off chance, was it you driving then?

BU07 LGO

4327 - this was the best bus ive drove so far!

Absolutely loved every minute of it, was quick and the brakes felt smooth compared to the other tridents ive driven which have an excessively sharp retarder!

Soundrd good too, doors were quick to open and shut and door brake released quick!

Only downfall was that the cab could have done with a good clean!

9/10

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on July 21, 2015, 03:31:55 PM
I photoed 4511 this morning at around 9:55 in Stirchley... On the off chance, was it you driving then?

Nope, I took over when it got to Acocks Green.

trident4370

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on July 21, 2015, 11:33:51 PM
Ahh, nevermind!

I've got 4667 on the 31 for pretty much till it goes back to garage around 6pm. With a short break in between, if anyone spots it. Leaving City now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk