News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Non standard (to me!) bus stops

Started by Westy, July 05, 2014, 11:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Still a curved centre shelter on the ridgeway near perry common

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on August 07, 2014, 02:28:46 PM
Here's one for you: A normal looking bus shelter, replaced with windows. (Can't really explain well.)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Collingwood+Centre,+Birmingham,+West+Midlands+B43+7NE/@52.556465,-1.901753,3a,75y,332h,73.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIRabqtoWqEknikaTT-g0sw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870a3767fd63245:0xa99c6ad3cca900ca

on Collingwood Drive, it doesn't look very normal, compared to the usual ones...

I've seen one of those stops but can't remember if it was in the same location

wbdriver

Quote from: clayderman on August 07, 2014, 02:28:46 PM
Here's one for you: A normal looking bus shelter, replaced with windows. (Can't really explain well.)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Collingwood+Centre,+Birmingham,+West+Midlands+B43+7NE/@52.556465,-1.901753,3a,75y,332h,73.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIRabqtoWqEknikaTT-g0sw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870a3767fd63245:0xa99c6ad3cca900ca

on Collingwood Drive, it doesn't look very normal, compared to the usual ones...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.556269,-1.900922,3a,75y,180.22h,85.15t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sssOrl8VSq9TDcx7d8r67_g!2e0

that stop there has the black perspex covering on it now, can't see into the stop until you're past it.

and that is actually me driving 4084 there on the 451!!
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ben

Most pathetic bus shelter?
This one caught me as odd, and I havent seen one like it anywhere else....

Agreed that the RTI screens are common about Coventry, but inconsistently located.

On a tangent, why doesn't this stop have an RTI screen? Is it because the buses are too frequent for the information to be accurate?

JPC

Quote from: Ben on August 08, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

A couple more of those mini shelters are dotted about Coventry....
Woodway Lane, Henley Road, Bell Green Road and William Bristow Road are a few more examples, I suppose space constraints or lesser usage is the reason why they are mini.

CL

Agreed that the RTI screens are common about Coventry, but inconsistently located.

On a tangent, why doesn't this stop have an RTI screen? Is it because the buses are too frequent for the information to be accurate?

And again, the mini shelters. One or two in North Birmingham (past Perry Barr along the 907 route, 2 there I think between Perry Barr & New Oscott)
Also, another one of those round the corner of Carl Street, or more commonly known as, Walsall Bus Garage.

As with the bigger shelters, not all of them have the RTI displays. And when they do, (well, in my case) - half the buses stopping at the stop aren't even recorded on there!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on August 08, 2014, 05:59:52 PM

And again, the mini shelters. One or two in North Birmingham (past Perry Barr along the 907 route, 2 there I think between Perry Barr & New Oscott)
Also, another one of those round the corner of Carl Street, or more commonly known as, Walsall Bus Garage.

As with the bigger shelters, not all of them have the RTI displays. And when they do, (well, in my case) - half the buses stopping at the stop aren't even recorded on there!

Which services aren't displaying on which stop?
I will report them to the chap at Centro who deals with the RTI for you

Ben

Quote from: clayderman on August 08, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
Of course they don't but I thought that the importance of services along the Ansty Road would warrant their use here, so it seemed surprising this stop doesn't have one, when others nearby do. I just think Centro should be a bit more consistent, but given the good frequency, I'm not complaining.
Actually on the topic of RTI, I find it rather accurate here in Coventry.

Back to the topic of non standard bus shelters, there are some on the Holyhead Road which have seemingly been altered to be one sided. I suppose this is to make it easier for the drivers to load?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk