News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Journeys on other depot's routes

Started by fleetline6477, June 27, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

I'm aware that some depots run the odd journey on routes operated by other depots, often in peak times.

Two examples

BC operate 2 a.m. peak journey on 9E Halesowen - Birmingham before taking up 829 school services

WB operate 1 bus on peak morning 140E Blackheath - Dudley followed by 1 round trip on 140 and 241.

What other journeys are people aware of?

notepanel

BC operate the 966 0717 ex Clock Garage into Solihull. This bus then goes on to the 97 and is quite often a branded vehicle.

the trainbasher

Do PE still do a early morning 256E Wall Heath/K'ford to Stourbridge?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

BY on the 70 school journeys. According the NXWM website PB operate journeys on it to, wondering if that is an error.

lynx1103

Do PB still do any peak time workings on 11A/11C
They used to years ago

Sh4318

WB run the 289(E) on Sundays. BC run a journey on the 966, using a bus that goes onto the 97
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

I don't know if it's still the case any more, but YW sometimes operated one of the 5A morning journeys.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: lynx1103 on June 28, 2014, 12:12:25 AM
Do PB still do any peak time workings on 11A/11C
They used to years ago

I don't think so anymore

Mike K

There's the morning peak trips that WB does on the 140/241. Not sure whether that will remain after the next service changes though.

Sayeed

BC does 50 on afternoon peak journeys (?)
Век живи - век учись

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Steve3229vp

I've often wondered why this isn't done more widely to save fuel/dead mileage,  e.g  buses on PB's 28 route that start and finish at Bordesley Green or Small Heath should be run by BY instead maybe ?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 29, 2014, 01:06:26 PM
I've often wondered why this isn't done more widely to save fuel/dead mileage,  e.g  buses on PB's 28 route that start and finish at Bordesley Green or Small Heath should be run by BY instead maybe ?

This is what happened years ago, but now with fewer depots it is now not so possible. Plus garages like to be responsible for the whole of a route, i suppose it is easier for monitoring revenue/passenger numbers! Remember when the 79 used to be operated by Wolverhampton, West Bromwich & Hockley, the 9 by Quinton & Stourbridge & so on.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 29, 2014, 01:06:26 PM

Remember also that a board that starts at Bordesley Green may finish at the Scott Arms, so moving that board may actually increase dead mileage

Trident 4609

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk