News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

i believe there is a launch Friday.

BN

3 versas gone to Shrewsbury.

staffsdave

2267 Y267YBC is a new arrival at telford ex stafford

tphi12000

Noted 3339 on the 44 today
Tony

Ashley 60171

Quote from: tphi12000 on February 12, 2015, 07:31:49 PM
Noted 3339 on the 44 today

The newest I saw in service last week was 3333. The best one at TF so far would be 3325, no quirks that others have but each to their own

tphi12000

There were 7-8 still parked in Wednesfield yard at lunch time  including 3331 with a large black  exhaust mark on the front parked by the entrance ...
Tony

BN

Quote from: tphi12000 on February 12, 2015, 10:12:17 PM
There were 7-8 still parked in Wednesfield yard at lunch time  including 3331 with a large black  exhaust mark on the front parked by the entrance ...

3331 was washed and sent to Telford.

tphi12000

forgot to mention noted on Friday a Streeltlite with red '44' branding.
Tony

BN

2708, 2711, 2712, 2738 now left for new homes.

Busman Jamie

surely Cannock could have 2738, they have the sister bus here 2739

tphi12000

Quote from: tphi12000 on February 23, 2015, 01:02:55 PM
forgot to mention noted on Friday a Streeltlite with red '44' branding.
3330 noted this morning branded for the '44'
Tony

bwsau cymru

So something I haven't done for soooo long Is actually go for a ride on a local bus. I wanted to try out Arriva Midlands West​ new Wright Streetlites which they have just introduced 25 of them.

First they are Micro hybrids which is very good the system costs in the region of £10,000 which gives them an understandable £5,000 high price tag than a Wright Pulsar (which they are replacing).
They also have Leather Seats (always a winner with me) and are generally quite comfortable. Also like the LED lighting on board and they were quiet walm.

But they don't have radiators on board which is a negative as I find Wrights air system isn't the best.

A few people have said about the gear box. It made a "jerk" only once in the 2 hours I spent on a number of them.
Underpowered another point. Well underpowered compared to what? compared to a Volvo B7 id say about the same, to a Mercedes powered id say about the same. But yes it would be underpowered if you compared it to a much larger cummins engine or a Citaro.

From the outside I don't think they look great. I don't like the front end and I don't like the side with the windows, but it is bonded glazing which I think looks smarts.

The leather seats are smart and comfortable and something which I think should no be a feature on every bus  so that's a real winner for me!

The biggest negative for me is that they are much smaller than what they are replacing!!! The 44 in Telford is one of Arriva Midlands busiest routes (quoting them). So the Wright Pulsars could carry 75 where the streetlites is 67 so that is a reduction in capacity of over 10%. Surely you should be increasing capacity on a main route? The 44 in Telford needs either a low height decker or a heavyduty bus like a Wright Volvo with a 100 people capacity. One of the buses I was on at 15:00 was turning people away at its 7th bus stop out of wellington.

So to summarise the appeal to the normal punter yes they are winner if there is room. They are very smart inside, they are warm and that's exactly what the customer wants, but if the customer cant get on them because they is no room its a massive negative!
For me though A very similar priced Optare Versa/Metrocity is a much more better choice and Id have an optare any day instead! But for the 44 they are simple no good!
campaigning for better transport for all

Tony

Quote from: bwsau cymru on February 26, 2015, 06:42:22 PM
So something I haven't done for soooo long Is actually go for a ride on a local bus. I wanted to try out Arriva Midlands West​ new Wright Streetlites which they have just introduced 25 of them.

The biggest negative for me is that they are much smaller than what they are replacing!!! The 44 in Telford is one of Arriva Midlands busiest routes (quoting them). So the Wright Pulsars could carry 75 where the streetlites is 67 so that is a reduction in capacity of over 10%. Surely you should be increasing capacity on a main route? The 44 in Telford needs either a low height decker or a heavyduty bus like a Wright Volvo with a 100 people capacity. One of the buses I was on at 15:00 was turning people away at its 7th bus stop out of wellington.

How do you come to the conclusion they are much smaller that what they are replacing? They are 44 seaters and the same length within a few cm, only difference is they only have 23 standing not 31 which is due to vehicle weight not size. I cannot remember the last time I saw 31 people stood on any normal single decker.

Not denying the route might need larger vehicles though

bwsau cymru

they are 11.5? half a metre shorter? My statistic is in the passenger carrying capability. Using the 44 service since I was 12 years old I have seen how many get on it and you could turn away people on a commander, so yes I really think that over a 10& reduction will make a difference.
Don't get me wrong I think for the average normal passenger they are great but I still would have a versa. I think on routes 11&22 they are the perfect vehicle.
But for the 44 as I said 10% is a big reduction
campaigning for better transport for all

Tony

Quote from: bwsau cymru on February 26, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
they are 11.5? half a metre shorter? My statistic is in the passenger carrying capability. Using the 44 service since I was 12 years old I have seen how many get on it and you could turn away people on a commander, so yes I really think that over a 10& reduction will make a difference.
Don't get me wrong I think for the average normal passenger they are great but I still would have a versa. I think on routes 11&22 they are the perfect vehicle.
But for the 44 as I said 10% is a big reduction

Yes, but when they are turning people away, how many people are actually on board? I would doubt there are 31 people standing. The 50cm shorter is only room for one extra standing passenger, and I think you will find that the commanders are not actually 12m long, closer to 11.8. Versas are even shorter at 11.08m.

What the board says at the front for capacity, and what you can fit on comfortably are two completely different things. PB's bendis have a standing capacity of close to 100, try fiittng them on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk