News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 24, 2014, 06:52:49 PM
According to the Facebook page there will be 2 buses each direction

Half an hour apart, then a two hour gap! and yes he has contacted Centro and they have told him how much it will cost

karl724223

I bet he doesn't pay or run to time if he runs at all judging by what's gone on on the 246 route

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Bit of a shame really, as I still maintain what I've said for years that there's room for competition on the 246, but GRS have done it absolutely terribly

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 24, 2014, 11:11:01 PM
Bit of a shame really, as I still maintain what I've said for years that there's room for competition on the 246, but GRS have done it absolutely terribly

I'd desperately like to see competition on the 97 again. Having said that, I wouldn't like to see desperate competition GRS style....

karl724223

Only saw two out today on 246

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on September 25, 2014, 12:00:10 AM

I'd desperately like to see competition on the 97 again. Having said that, I wouldn't like to see desperate competition GRS style....

Maybe Diamond should never have withdrawn from the 97

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

Watch out for the revised hanovers from Friday...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Isle of Stroma

Tell me about it.....

PM

It never seemed busy for them though...

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 26, 2014, 10:04:15 PM
It never seemed busy for them though...

When it was regulated/monitored, it ticked over quite nicely & loadings were more than satisfactory. Unfortunately, the regulating/monitoring diminished, the Darts got knackered (par for the course with Darts flogged all day) & were replaced by Solos. The Solos had much reduced capacity & then the timetable degenerated into a work of fiction. Game over.

Much the same could be said about the 17.....

the trainbasher

Some would describe that as what's happening on the 226

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 26, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
Some would describe that as what's happening on the 226

Couldn't say. I've not used the route of late, plus It's not been my responsibility to objectively observe the route for 18 months. I will however reiterate that every time I did so, Diamond were the better performing of the two ops on the route.

the trainbasher

Watch out tomorrow for some changes on the 246 GRS

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 02, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

They have paid Centro, so they are going to use Stourbridge & Dudley bus station, they are going to operate to timetable and not run just in front of the NE service and they are going to have the correct number of buses on the road.

Am i close?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 02, 2014, 07:58:54 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 02, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

They have paid Centro, so they are going to use Stourbridge & Dudley bus station, they are going to operate to timetable and not run just in front of the NE service and they are going to have the correct number of buses on the road.

Am i close?

Unfortunately not as close as you think...

Although there is one law he's complying to!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk