News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

YW trident on fire

Started by James4368, June 12, 2014, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Lot of people commenting on posts on Facebook pointing the finger at someone smoking being the cause of this; I suppose it could be possible if someone doused all the seats on the top deck with petrol!

Is the CCTV recording equipment housed downstairs? Will be interesting to see the footage of this one if its escaped the blaze. Surely someone on the bus must have witnessed something?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

if it is "arson", they should find them & get them to pay for the damage (well they could take a proportion of their benefit).
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

QuoteI hope everyone was alright in this - although why did one of the refurbished ones have to catch fire  ::) Wonder if YW will need to loan in a bus?

I'd imagine they'll need a permanent replacement, can't see that seeing service again.

karl724223

Convert it to single decker like 1956😂

John

Quote from: Mike K on June 12, 2014, 09:00:19 PM
QuoteI hope everyone was alright in this - although why did one of the refurbished ones have to catch fire  ::) Wonder if YW will need to loan in a bus?

I'd imagine they'll need a permanent replacement, can't see that seeing service again.

Me neither, I dought very much 4341 will be returning. Very similar damage to 4014, and that was only 2 years old when it expired

At least there is a replacement engine now for 4135!

Liverpool Street

I saw it in the flesh being towed. It had absolutely nothing regarding upper saloon roofing, the front upper window had a sheet covering it like a murder scene (obviously not, but you get the idea) and everything was totally gutted upstairs, only wafer thin metal of the seat frames had survived.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

trident4370

The Curse of the Presidents seems to have been passed onto the Tridents now... The famous ones being 4218, 4336, 4613 and now 4341

Liberator9

4341 looks in an awful state - doesn't look like it will be coming back.

John

If anyone wants to know, the Stagecoach London Trident fire on the M11 was 17563 'LV52 HDU'.

Heading north to Glasgow with two others for the Commonwealth Games

winston

Stu

Police appeal for witnesses and reveal two teenage boys are believed to have started the fire:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/witnesses-sought-after-150000-arson-7268431

My locals:

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

£150,000 damage to a 12 year old Trident? Not quite sure where that figure would have come from! I know it had been fairly recently refurbished but surely was no where near that value, maybe they've just Googled the price to buy it brand new

Trident 4609

Has 4341 followed in the footsteps of 4336 or will this one be saved?

Stu

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 14, 2014, 01:01:00 PM
£150,000 damage to a 12 year old Trident? Not quite sure where that figure would have come from! I know it had been fairly recently refurbished but surely was no where near that value, maybe they've just Googled the price to buy it brand new

I guess as the bus will be written off, £150,000 would be the cost to replace it.
My locals:

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk