News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Permanent Congestion - Easy Fixes

Started by Liverpool Street, May 20, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2014, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 21, 2014, 09:05:14 PM
Great issues and solutions here men! Keep them coming.

So is Alum Rock double yellowed on one side or what?

And reference my earlier post, it seems a source has said that Belgrave has no tailbacks anymore. I must travel at peak and experience this myself! (Cheers, you know who you are ;) )

Belgrave Road Junction flowed perfectly both directions again in this evening peak, shame that once you were over the lights out of city it was a bit slow, but that is one of the problems of traffic management. Just putting a set of lights on green for longer won't always help if there is no room the other side for the traffic to go into, it can end up blocking a juction and causing additional delays!

Then sort out Priory ;) [haha]
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2014, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 21, 2014, 09:05:14 PM
Great issues and solutions here men! Keep them coming.

So is Alum Rock double yellowed on one side or what?

And reference my earlier post, it seems a source has said that Belgrave has no tailbacks anymore. I must travel at peak and experience this myself! (Cheers, you know who you are ;) )

Belgrave Road Junction flowed perfectly both directions again in this evening peak, shame that once you were over the lights out of city it was a bit slow, but that is one of the problems of traffic management. Just putting a set of lights on green for longer won't always help if there is no room the other side for the traffic to go into, it can end up blocking a juction and causing additional delays!

Perfect near enough at 1730 tonight. Cheers Tony! [I think I've got the times right!]
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Gareth

@Liverpool Street  Alum Rock Road has always been parking on one side until 1pm and then on the other side after 1pm. It was always enforced and traffic flowed relatively freely. After a while it became worse and there was indeed a minor riot when one car was ticketed because it was deemed as racism. Parking wardens still patrol Alum Rock, but nowhere near as frequent as in years gone by and parking happens on both sides of the road at all times of the day.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Gareth on May 22, 2014, 08:03:06 PM
@Liverpool Street  Alum Rock Road has always been parking on one side until 1pm and then on the other side after 1pm. It was always enforced and traffic flowed relatively freely. After a while it became worse and there was indeed a minor riot when one car was ticketed because it was deemed as racism. Parking wardens still patrol Alum Rock, but nowhere near as frequent as in years gone by and parking happens on both sides of the road at all times of the day.

Ah. I see. Very similar to Stirchley in that respect. I think there's only one way to eliminate it, and that is to red route one side of it. But I can guess how that'll go down!

And it makes me sick to keep seeing that race card pulled in all and any possible way to do so. Can't say anything against anybody!
until it cought fire

Stu

Stratford Road through Sparkbrook: easy fix, demolish the place and build a super-dual-carriageway. Or enforce the red-route!  8)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on May 22, 2014, 08:54:41 PM
Stratford Road through Sparkbrook: easy fix, demolish the place and build a super-dual-carriageway. Or enforce the red-route!  8)

Love it! They should do the same to Small Heath, Bordesley Green, Alum Rock ect ect
until it cought fire

Lukeee

Dosent cause to much traffic but Witton Road near the shops, theres always cars parked on double yellow etc, making it hard for buses (and sometimes even cars to pass each over). Add to that match day traffic when Aston Villa are playing and you can be there for a while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk