News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSmith09

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on July 17, 2024, 10:01:51 PMSome interesting route changes have appeared on bustimes, effective the 25th August.

- New route 4E, an evening version of service 4 and 21.

- 13W now starts in Newfoundpool and extended to Beaumont Leys

- New service 19, which goes to Fosse Park and Thorpe Astley via Braunstone

- The last 54 of the day now extends to Anstey like the 74 does after Beaumont Leys.

Very surprised to see First extending to Fosse Park, but good to see.
https://bustimes.org/operators/first-leicester
Possibly BSIP funded...

Can't see the 19 being popular beyond Fosse Park with a near hour trip to Thorpe Astley versus Novus Direct which takes just under 30 mins and is more frequent

joieman

Quote from: SSmith09 on July 18, 2024, 06:12:09 AMPossibly BSIP funded...

Can't see the 19 being popular beyond Fosse Park with a near hour trip to Thorpe Astley versus Novus Direct which takes just under 30 mins and is more frequent
It is a very roundabout route. It would probably make better sense to run a new bus service roughly along the route of the service 51.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on July 17, 2024, 10:01:51 PMSome interesting route changes have appeared on bustimes, effective the 25th August.

- New route 4E, an evening version of service 4 and 21.

- 13W now starts in Newfoundpool and extended to Beaumont Leys

- New service 19, which goes to Fosse Park and Thorpe Astley via Braunstone

- The last 54 of the day now extends to Anstey like the 74 does after Beaumont Leys.

Very surprised to see First extending to Fosse Park, but good to see.
https://bustimes.org/operators/first-leicester
Interesting changes indeed.
Although with 54.. they tried the Anstey extension on last journey once before and it didn't work? (

New 19.. looks to me like it will most likely be working alongside the 18 timetable (interworked) as route is the same except for the extension.
I wonder if this has came about from the bus partnership.. as Arriva tried between Thorpe Astley & Fosse Park and couldn't make it work? Support from council? Removal of novus fosse?
https://bustimes.org/services/19-st-margarets-bus-stn-st-margarets-bus-stn?date=2024-08-27&service=18&service=19
This timetable certainly does show the service running every 20mins alongside 18.

13W makes sense as it usually becomes first 54 journey of the day. (Less dead run technically). Although potentially could be scope for more journeys to be added with that.. as there's no direct route to Beaumont Leys along Charnor Road / ever since the 302 ended years back..

With the 4E.. it makes me wonder if they plan to put a 21 on Sundays? otherwise why run a service on Sunday night but not Sunday day? Would make more sense just have 4 on the Sunday (if they don't add the 21 on Sunday).

Anyway.. all seems pretty positive I think?
I guess we will see in further updates probably in August.

Glenfieldmathk1

The first electric converted diesel double decker has been spotted on road test in Sheffield today. 

Mayfield

SN65OMP has a new MOT today but is still listed as a diesel on DVLA website

Stu

Quote from: Mayfield on July 19, 2024, 07:54:17 PMSN65OMP has a new MOT today but is still listed as a diesel on DVLA website
It will take a while for the details to get updated, if they ever do!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: RobertJ21a on June 09, 2024, 06:44:37 PMThere's no need to order any more double deckers.
According to the depot fleet manager in Leicester there are a few more converted ones coming.

Quote from: Mayfield on July 19, 2024, 07:54:17 PMSN65OMP has a new MOT today but is still listed as a diesel on DVLA website
According to the first Group fleet manager Andy Metcalfe.. it's on road test now, then off for interior refurb at some point and then should be on route to Leicester after this.. 

Great news all round 👍

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on July 20, 2024, 07:10:46 PMAccording to the depot fleet manager in Leicester there are a few more converted ones coming.
According to the first Group fleet manager Andy Metcalfe.. it's on road test now, then off for interior refurb at some point and then should be on route to Leicester after this..

Great news all round 👍
Aren't they to replace the orange E400s ?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: RobertJ21a on July 20, 2024, 07:54:54 PMAren't they to replace the orange E400s ?
I've asked but nothing clear.
Will update here unless someone else can confirm before I hear.

SSmith09

Details of the upcoming service changes are now listed on the first website.

First Leicester - Changes to services from 25th August 2024

RobertJ21a

Quote from: SSmith09 on August 02, 2024, 09:49:30 AMDetails of the upcoming service changes are now listed on the first website.

First Leicester - Changes to services from 25th August 2024
No news of the reduction in frequency of Aircoach - or rumoured withdrawal.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: RobertJ21a on August 02, 2024, 05:27:59 PMNo news of the reduction in frequency of Aircoach - or rumoured withdrawal.
It would be on the separate air coach website. As they are ran as separate entities.

Mayfield

Currently you can book a return ticket at the end of October and they are hourly 
That's not to say they could still cancel it

SSmith09

Aircoach services provided by First Leicester are being withdrawn in a phased approach over the coming weeks.

A post of their facebook page: www.facebook.com/share/n1ScAw3STfNFuun5/

RobertJ21a

Quote from: SSmith09 on August 14, 2024, 12:57:03 PMAircoach services provided by First Leicester are being withdrawn in a phased approach over the coming weeks.

A post of their facebook page: www.facebook.com/share/n1ScAw3STfNFuun5/
Hardly surprising, little usage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk