News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

oldbury fire sration bus

Started by Solo1, May 17, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

seen from the 126 routre at oldbury fire station  a red decker any one id it whats happened to the metro that was there

Ossie

Solo, see my post on your eco-bus thread.  Just a thought, perhaps this decker you saw in Oldbury was the "youth-bus" ?

If you google that T reg, you'll find there's Flikr pics of it.  I've only seen it the once, that was outside that huge College building on the West Brom ring-road, adjacent to the West Bromwich Central tram stop.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ossie on May 18, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Solo, see my post on your eco-bus thread.  Just a thought, perhaps this decker you saw in Oldbury was the "youth-bus" ?

If you google that T reg, you'll find there's Flikr pics of it.  I've only seen it the once, that was outside that huge College building on the West Brom ring-road, adjacent to the West Bromwich Central tram stop.

Just to add the Youth Bus is a Pkaxton President bodied Dennis Trident

Ossie

Quote from: Solo1 on May 17, 2014, 07:49:52 PM
....... whats happened to the metro that was there

I think you're referring to POG539Y which was the old Sandwell Youth Bus, and again if you look it up on Flikr, there's comment that it was kept at Oldbury Fire Station.

It's said to have gone, sometime in the last three years or so, but sorry I don't know if it was scrapped or sold.  Is there anyone on the forum with knowledge of ex- WMPTE Metrobuses who might know ?

Ossie

Quote from: Ossie on May 19, 2014, 02:44:19 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on May 17, 2014, 07:49:52 PM
....... whats happened to the metro that was there

I think you're referring to POG539Y which was the old Sandwell Youth Bus, and again if you look it up on Flikr, there's comment that it was kept at Oldbury Fire Station.

It's said to have gone, sometime in the last three years or so, but sorry I don't know if it was scrapped or sold.  Is there anyone on the forum with knowledge of ex- WMPTE Metrobuses who might know ?

Query solved: apparently POG539Y was sold on by Sandwell, and I'm told it's currently residing in the yard of Storage King in Darlaston. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk