News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus delayed by helicopter

Started by Justin Tyme, May 14, 2014, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

This happened to me yesterday lunchtime in Corporation Street, Birmingham.  The X51 I was riding on found itself in a queue by the Law Courts, with a policeman stopping the traffic.  I wondered if it might be waiting for a prison van until a helicopter started to loom large, presumably an Air Ambulance leaving the Children's Hospital.

Fortunately the hold up was only a few minutes, and Enviro 4734 was a good bus for making up lost time.

Who would like to share with us more spectacular or strange-but-true delays?

Trident 4609

I've been on a couple of buses around New Cross Hospital that have had to wait before the Air Ambulance has pulled onto the Helepad.

nitromatt1

On both the 77 and 555R in Cumbria I've been held up by sheep. They have a whole mountain to explore and they choose to stand on the bloody road.

Liverpool Street

@Matt

Sheep? Well that's simply hilarious.

(More of a test post, really)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 14, 2014, 06:22:26 PM
@Matt

It worked - I got a little [1] next to my profile link.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on May 14, 2014, 06:41:42 PM
@Matt

That's excellent. Question is, does it duplicate it again if an @ is in a quote?

Disclaimer: Sorry for the Off-Topic posts. They'll be deleted once my tests are complete.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 14, 2014, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 14, 2014, 06:41:42 PM
@Matt

That's excellent. Question is, does it duplicate it again if an @ is in a quote?

Disclaimer: Sorry for the Off-Topic posts. They'll be deleted once my tests are complete.

I have only got a [1] twice so far - once for this thread and once for the "notice" thread. So I assume quoting doesn't cause duplication.

Liverpool Street

@Matt thanks, the ReadMe files of the mods aren't that in depth. Thanks again for helping me test this.

I'll delete the messages in given time.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk