News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

ADL E200 major model change

Started by winston, May 08, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Extract from Bus & Coach article:

'ADL is also working on a major model change for the Enviro200 which is expected to be launched in October this year'

http://www.busandcoach.com/featurepage.aspx?id=8389&categoryid=0

andrew1991

I'm guessing the Enviro 300 will also recieve a makeover too so it ties in with the new models

Liverpool Street

Those E200's are horrendous, both from [I presume] a drivers perspective and definitely as a passenger. Worst bus in the fleet - I do sincerely hope the 'new' E200 is much more stable, and quicker. The Volvo B6 is a much better bus in comparison!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 10, 2014, 06:51:06 PM
Those E200's are horrendous, both from [I presume] a drivers perspective and definitely as a passenger. Worst bus in the fleet - I do sincerely hope the 'new' E200 is much more stable, and quicker. The Volvo B6 is a much better bus in comparison!

Rode one of BC's Enviro 200s today for the first time; I have to agree that the Volvo B6s are better! There was a loud buzzing noise continuously and there was a loud rattling from the panels at the front by the cab. They had better improve the model!

Bob

Isnt the enviro200 essentially just a revamped crap Dart anyway?  Lol

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bob on May 29, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

In the same way they're both midi-buses, essentially, yes.

Saying that I think that even Pointer's are better then those E200's.

You can guess I don't like E200's hahahaa
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 29, 2014, 08:48:52 PM
Quote from: Bob on May 29, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

In the same way they're both midi-buses, essentially, yes.

Saying that I think that even Pointer's are better then those E200's.

You can guess I don't like E200's hahahaa

I personally have grown to like E200's. The problem is, some seem to rattle like mad. I was on an abellio one not long back and literally got off with a headache from all the noise whereas Diamond 30929 for example doesn't have a single rattle?

Generally, I prefer euro2 darts to both euro3 darts and E200's but E200's over streetlites ANY DAY!!

Liberator9

Yeah; it did remind me of a Dart - forever rattling! Never travelled on a Streetlite @DiamondDart but the Silverline engines sound loud.

Bob

Are streetlites really so bad then? Some people have said theyre really horrendous and others have said positive stuff about them. I can only go on the YouTube videos ive seen,  they seem really really noisy and rattly. Cant see, with all the noise how they can make for a pleasant bus to travel on on locals let alone premium ( ahem, inverted commas) service.  One things for sure though theyre incredibly ugly!

CL

Quote from: Bob on May 30, 2014, 01:18:50 PM
Are streetlites really so bad then? Some people have said theyre really horrendous and others have said positive stuff about them. I can only go on the YouTube videos ive seen,  they seem really really noisy and rattly. Cant see, with all the noise how they can make for a pleasant bus to travel on on locals let alone premium ( ahem, inverted commas) service.  One things for sure though theyre incredibly ugly!

The appearance is alright, in my opinion, but It's probably a step too far. You know something's wrong when the Volvo B5HL looks better and more in place at Wrightbus than the Streetlites do! lol :D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Even the Streetlites have their market though. [Hoppa buses for Morrisons maybe? haha] The downside is, they've been put together in a slap-dash fashion - IMHO.

To be fair though, the above is coming straight from a bloke who can't make up his mind if he likes the B7RLE or not... So it's probably best to take it with a pinch of salt.
until it cought fire

Bob

Ok...B7RLe vs Sb200. ......which ones the best....just for fun lol

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on May 30, 2014, 08:22:00 PM
Ok...B7RLe vs Sb200. ......which ones the best....just for fun lol

Both are plastic crap lol ;D

Bob

Least the B7RLE is quiet plastic that can get up a hill lol

Liberator9

The 56 reg B7RLE (wright eclipse urban 1) models would be much better than both the Enviro 200s and the newer B7RLEs. The 12 reg B7RLEs aren't that bad; ride smoothly and the one I rode yesterday didn't rattle much at all, with the engine lifeless, but quiet; so beats the E200s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk