News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tridents

Started by Kiewii, April 18, 2014, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiewii

On the Dundee forum a NXD driver says that we are getting 10 Y-reg double decks for new school contracts. The only vehicles I can think of are your Tridents?

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on April 18, 2014, 04:23:03 PM
On the Dundee forum a NXD driver says that we are getting 10 Y-reg double decks for new school contracts. The only vehicles I can think of are your Tridents?

That would be the only option from NXWM, but there would be none available until the summer (at the earliest) and this years deliveries start to arrive & cascades take place. NXWM seem to have their own requirements for displaced Tridents i.e. allowing Mercs 0405N's to be withdrawn from Pensnett & Wolverhampton.

The only other option, could 10 double deckers be acquired from outside of the NX group?

Would these new school contracts also need to be operated from a new outstation local to St Andrews?

Are they currently operated by Stagecoach Fife?

AndrewLee

Slightly off topic but will NXWM be sending any buses up to Glasgow to cover the Commonwealth games work? If so any ideas as to what they'll send?

winston

Quote from: AndrewLee on April 18, 2014, 05:18:29 PM
Slightly off topic but will NXWM be sending any buses up to Glasgow to cover the Commonwealth games work? If so any ideas as to what they'll send?

Some of the brand new ADL buses due are to be loaned to Dundee to cover the Commonwealth Games contracts, no idea of type / quantity etc

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on April 18, 2014, 04:56:19 PM

That would be the only option from NXWM, but there would be none available until the summer (at the earliest) and this years deliveries start to arrive & cascades take place. NXWM seem to have their own requirements for displaced Tridents i.e. allowing Mercs 0405N's to be withdrawn from Pensnett & Wolverhampton.

The only other option, could 10 double deckers be acquired from outside of the NX group?

Would these new school contracts also need to be operated from a new outstation local to St Andrews?

I am not sure what contracts they are so cannot tell you. An outstation would not be required as it only takes about 25-30 minutes to get from Dundee to St Andrews

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on April 18, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 18, 2014, 04:56:19 PM

I am not sure what contracts they are so cannot tell you. An outstation would not be required as it only takes about 25-30 minutes to get from Dundee to St Andrews

Thanks Kiewii, it looked further than that on Google maps

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on April 18, 2014, 05:30:38 PM

No problem. It takes 27 minutes by service bus so surely cannot take too long out of service

The contracts don't start until 14 August 2014 so there is plenty of time to get some vehicles up here, but obviously withdrawing Mercs are a priority. Regardless of what buses that come for the contract, they will not last that long as Fife Council have a 15 year age limit.

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on April 18, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

No problem. It takes 27 minutes by service bus so surely cannot take too long out of service

The contracts don't start until 14 August 2014 so there is plenty of time to get some vehicles up here, but obviously withdrawing Mercs are a priority. Regardless of what buses that come for the contract, they will not last that long as Fife Council have a 15 year age limit.

Jim C's post says they are coming 'in the next few weeks'

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on April 18, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Yes that is what confused me. Unless they could be B10L replacements until any new buses come nearer August?

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on April 18, 2014, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 18, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Yes that is what confused me. Unless they could be B10L replacements until any new buses come nearer August?

Originally further Presidents were due in Dundee around Oct 2013 to replace the remaining B10L's, but that never happened. The main problem is that there aren't 10 double deckers currently spare without something replacing them, the new buses aren't due until June at the earliest & some of which will be helping out at the Commonwealth Games before anything could be cascaded elsewhere.

Is this the first time that Dundee have operated south of the River Tay & in Stagecoach Fife heartland?

gc802002

It's 5 contracts from Stagecoach Fife, 4 Moffat & Williamson. 10 buses are for 9 Buses worth of work.

The plan is to outstation the vehicles in Fife during the week I believe. But not St Andrews

I have been lead to believe were expecting the 10 Y reg Deckers will arrive in the month of May

winston

Quote from: gc802002 on April 18, 2014, 06:37:43 PM
It's 5 contracts from Stagecoach Fife, 4 Moffat & Williamson. 10 buses are for 9 Buses worth of work.

The plan is to outstation the vehicles in Fife during the week I believe. But not St Andrews

I have been lead to believe were expecting the 10 Y reg Deckers will arrive in the month of May

Thanks for that, interesting that NXD are expanding outside of their traditional operating area.

Based on the timescales, I'm thinking the deckers could be coming from outside of the NX Group. However, given the max 15 year old rule, if they were acquiring a batch from say Ensign 02 or 03 plate deckers would be more logical

Stuharris 6360

Think that discounts them coming from Birmingham or Coventry, can't see them being about to spare that amount of buses.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

pb2012

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 18, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

Think that discounts them coming from Birmingham or Coventry, can't see them being about to spare that amount of buses.
They could lease 10 new to release 10 y-reg to nxd, until the new one's start arriving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk