News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

bus museum open day

Started by windy miller, May 12, 2012, 08:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

I expect there were a good few people who had not been to sandy lane before-but would you go again? I think the time and effort to produce a show in a confined space was admirable,but personaly I would have liked to have seen more old coaches. but maybe I.m Biased. the vehicles  that were on display were,of course, predominantly museum CARS. I could only find One Early Humber (Snipe?).. I would have thought maybe a sceptre/Hawk considering these would have been made localy.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

D10

I thought it was a good day out. Certainly from chatting to one of the stallholders, he said they had had far more people than expected.

Obviously the stores are mainly car focused which fits in with the main museum site, but I think the museum bosses now know that there is a big market out there to attract more bus enthusiasts too.

windy miller

D10 it would have been a good day out for me were it not for me (Stupidly) leaving my minolta Binoculars on the top deck of a walsgrave service at 13.45 (pool meadow).I asked control to pass a message to the driver (Which they did) but obviously no luck...I suppose its part of getting old these days.. has anyone else had a similar experience?? on a lighter note,
11 of the enviro 400's were seen in service, plus one at sandy lane.(4830) The one not seen was 4837.. no Idea where that was.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

D10

Quote from: windy miller on May 13, 2012, 07:51:12 PM
D10 it would have been a good day out for me were it not for me (Stupidly) leaving my minolta Binoculars on the top deck of a walsgrave service at 13.45 (pool meadow).I asked control to pass a message to the driver (Which they did) but obviously no luck...I suppose its part of getting old these days.. has anyone else had a similar experience?? on a lighter note,
11 of the enviro 400's were seen in service, plus one at sandy lane.(4830) The one not seen was 4837.. no Idea where that was.

Bad luck, hopefully if you ring up the garage for Lost Property, some kind soul may restore our faith in human nature and have handed them in...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk